We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

something brief to do for teens

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 4
something brief to do for teens

our family of 4 (2 girls 15 & 11) will be stopping for the night in charleston on the way home to NE indiana from myrtle beach. i wondered if anyone could suggest something for teens to do that evening to break the trip up a bit? i see the clay center for arts & sciences might be good, but isn't that mostly for younger kids? i saw there's a state park nearby but there wouldn't be enough time for hiking.

i've searched for concerts in the area and found little to nothing for our date (Sat. NOv 24th).

or can somenen recommend a town to stay the night not far from there with something more suited for us?

thank you

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
1. Re: something brief to do for teens

Few miles off I 64. Exit 58-Oakwood Road. Maybe five miles south on RT 119. (four lane) Two large shopping centers. One on each side of road.

Countless shopping and dining options. Movie theater and arcaded/go kart/ laxzr tag location.

Hampton Inn with in walking distance of theater and arcade. Used to have package deals. Meal at one of restuarants and movie tickets.

Cabella's within sight of motel. Dad could go shop while girls go to movie.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
2. Re: something brief to do for teens

I've been trying to find a concert, show...something scheduled for that night in Charleston, Beckley...even Huntington. Not much going on...that would really interest your girls. Pops idea (above) of the shopping centers is good. Lots to do in that area. Please know that Charleston is about 8 hours drive from Myrtle Beach. So...if you leave MB at..say...8am-ish...you might get to Charleston around 4-5-ish. All I could manage after that trip is dinner and a little looking around. Don't think I could handle a concert too. (but, thats just me) One idea....you could stop in Whytheville, VA....and do the dinner theatre at Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theatre. They do a nice Christmas show, plus a decent dinner. (it's a "Country Christmas" show) You would have more driving time to IN the next day...but, its a thought. And...its on your route...you can see the theatre from the Interstate. Lots of hotels there too.

http://www.wohlfahrthaus.com/

charleston, wv
reviews: 3
3. Re: something brief to do for teens

From North Myrtle Beach......Rockingham-Greensboro-Mt Airy route......Running speed limit. Lunch/gas stop and two rest stops it is 8 hours to Charleston give or take a few minutes. Add 20-30 minutes from south end of Strand.

Heavy foot and cut out a rest stop you might cut it down to 7 1/2 hours.

WV
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
reviews: 26
4. Re: something brief to do for teens

Parkerssburg, about 1 hr 15 min farther is having a community theatre production of The Secret Garden, but that seems too far for your timetable.

5. Re: something brief to do for teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 29, 2013