We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

Which Berkeley Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

I am looking for lodging recommendations in Berkeley Springs, WV, from anyone with recent experience in the area. I keep finding conflicting reviews about Cacapon, Coolfront, the Inn & Spa, etc. It seems that visitors' experiences at these places vary from year to year and from month to month. We plan on visiting this summer and would like to stay at a clean, reasonably-priced place. We're interested in spa services, too. Thanks much!

Maryland
reviews: 12
1. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

My husband and I just came back from bsspa.com Which is also known as Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn. It was very nice and very quite. Lots of R and R and for couples only. The innkeeper has lots of rules but if you dont smoke and dont drink beer. It is the place to go. I would recommend it.

J and J

Falls Church, VA
reviews: 13
2. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

We just returned from Cacapon and we had a good time. Please note it is 10 miles outside of the town so if you are planning to walk to spas, dining and shopping that won't be the case.

The value at Cacapon was outstanding. The standard cabin was good. It does need updating and some upgrading, but it was clean and comfortable. I think Cacapon would be great in the summer especially since they have a nice size lake/pond with beach for swimming and golfing on site (if you golf).

I think you might have an even better experience by staying at the lodge in a more traditional hotel style room.

I had planned to stay at the Inn & Spa but all the bad reviews had scared me off. So I thought at least we'll have dinner at the restaurant to see what we can. The dinner was what I think the hotel will be like- fine but not great. I think if you understand that this is not a five star kind of place and don't try to expect that you would be content.

We did the spa thing at the state park. Roman bath for 30 minutes with my boyfriend one day and the next we split up and each had a bath and 30 minute massage. The State park is more old school style, think more bath house and less spa. Having said that we both enjoyed ourselves. I had thought of booking at Atasia since they seemed to have some great services, but didn't think my boyfriend would want a mud treatment or pedicure so much!

Have a great time there. We really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go again.

New York City, New...
3. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

Thanks a lot for the tips! I ended up renting a house through berkeleyspringscottagerentals.com, since we'll be in Berkeley Springs for a few days and would like the convenience and flexibility of having the entire house to ourselves. While in town, I hope to stop by other lodging establishments and, hopefully, report on what I see.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 75
4. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

I can't help you on lodging, since I stay with someone but For dinners, go to Tara's and the Panorama...they have the best food in town. Also, go to the Old Factory Antique and Craft Mall and buy some of their home-made Fudge.

Maryland
5. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

We just returned from Lazy Days River Retreat http://berkeleyspringscabinrental.com

This cabin rental is awesome, and highly recommended. They offer a hot tub, wifi, wood burning fireplace, private river access, and best of all, they allow dogs!

DC
6. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

We stayed at Sweet Dreaming on Sleepy Creek, and had a fantastic time! Its run by this place (that someone mentioned) Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals, and they have almost 100 cabins. The guy I talked to said they are the largest and most popular in the area, and I can see why! Everything (EVERYTHING!) was provided, the cabin was well stocked and clean, and when we had a minor problem finding the cabin, the staff was very nice and stayed on the phone with us until we found the place. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Michael L.

Washington, DC

7. Re: Berkeley Springs, WV lodging advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 pm, October 12, 2009