We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do and donts for Berkley Springs

Which Berkeley Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 83
Must do and donts for Berkley Springs

Planning an Anniversery trip and trying to compile some info. I have two friends who went there and stayed at the Bath House, each had nothing but good to say. I tried to find room pics but all hat I found was their online brochure. Also heard about Turkish baths as a must do.

What do you think? Bath House? Another suggestion? I heard the food was good almost everywhere....

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 58
1. Re: Must do and donts for Berkley Springs

For hot spring baths visit the State Park Baths right in the center of town. For interesting shoppinggo to the Old Factory Antique and Craft Mall. IMHO the best food is at the Panorama on Rte.9

Baltimore, MD
reviews: 25
2. Re: Must do and donts for Berkley Springs

Yes, you should definitely do a Roman bath at the Berkeley Springs state park. If you are considering a massage or body work, I would go to a private spa rather than the state park. I've had good experiences at Atasia spa. There is also a vintage movie theatre in town that shows a current movie on weekends. It's worth doing because there is usually not a lot going on at night. Tari's has good food and service. Of course there is shopping and antique-ing.

Northeast
reviews: 10
3. Re: Must do and donts for Berkley Springs

Not sure about the rooms at the Bath House. (Did try a massage there and I like Atasia MUCH better).

We stayed at the Highlawn Inn. Very nice. If you want room to spread out, try Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals. You can stay in town or a drive away - lots of really nice and private cabins.

The Roman Baths are unique and relaxing. Not fancy at all...in fact, a bit institutional. I wish they would invest in spiffing up the building...but they're a nice stop in any case. The water is HOT...cool it down to the temp you like (and open the window for fresh air!) Stay away from the massages at the park....they're giving them in temp trailers right now (main house is under renovation).

Lot 12 Public House is my favorite restaurant. A bit pricey but worth it! Tari's is good too. And we've been pleased with the food at Temptations Cafe...new in town. Panorama on the Peak - we're looking to try it again...our experience there has been mixed. Great view...worth going out to see if on its own!

Cacapon park is a nice spot in the warmer months.

Stop by the Himilayan store in town...unique and fun.

We are active types and just LOVE the nearby C&O canal. You can ride for miles and miles (we usually do 30 or 40 miles in one stretch) They rent good bikes in Hancock, MD. Peaceful. Good for a walking trail too.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Must do and donts for Berkley Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 08, 2010