We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mom and Pop motel around Beckley

Which Beckley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gasport, New York...
reviews: 6
Mom and Pop motel around Beckley

On my way to NC and want to stop for one night in the Beckley area. Have not been happy with the budget motel reviews on different sites. Wondered if there is a decent non-chain motel someone could recommend. I am a budget conscious traveler. Don' need lots of frills. I do have a small well-behaved dog under 20 lbs. that travels with me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Probably around the end of Oct, or early November.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
1. Re: Mom and Pop motel around Beckley

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend any "mom and pop" type motels in the area. Most are on the..."seedy" side. There is a very nice B&B right in town, The Ambrosia Inn, but it is probably not in your price range. Another lovely B&B Mavis Manor, on down the Interstate a bit, they have a nice room for $99. In Beckley, Econo Lodge not far from the Interstate does allow pets, it gets pretty good reviews..they have interior and exterior doorways, so you can ask for either one. Also look at Howard Johnsons, Microtel, Days Inn or Baymont Inn. All right off the interstate too with resturants close to all of them. Good luck!

Gasport, New York...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Mom and Pop motel around Beckley

Thank you for the input. I just joined tripadvisor today. This is my first post and reply. I get confused reading the reivews sometimes as some are so positive of the motels and then some are so awful. I think local input is important. I am going to try the Days Inn. I have never been to that location before. Will make for a nice stopover on the way to Fayetteville NC.. And I always need a place that will allow my dog. Thank you. If you ever need advice on Niagara Falls/Buffalo NY area ask away!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 31
3. Re: Mom and Pop motel around Beckley

Well then....Welcome to TripAdvisor! Yes..you can take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. Hope the Days Inn works out for you. There is a great restaurant...Pasquale's...right beside it. Very good Italian food. Locally owned, popular place. Hope you can try it. There is also a Bob Evans, Texas Steakhouse and Wendy's very close too.

Reply to: Mom and Pop motel around Beckley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted