We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glade Springs 2008

Which Beckley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeastern...
reviews: 58
Glade Springs 2008

We lived in Charleston 1974-83. We visited Glade Springs just after it opened. Golfed there, but I don't think we stayed there. We remember it as a lovely place with lots of potential.

Friends who live near us now (in southeast PA) just received a mailing offering an incredibly low price to stay at Glade Springs for 4 nights. It says "this is not a timeshare presentation" but it also says there's a two-hour sales presentation.

So what's the story with Glade Springs today? If they're not selling timeshares, what are they selling?

We've often told our friends how much we loved WV, but I don't want to encourage them to make a 10-hour drive without knowing more about what the current situation is.

Thanks for input and advice.

West Virginia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Glade Springs 2008

Not sure what they are selling with that flyer but my guess would be house lots or condos. Did you know Glade is also a housing development? The lots and homes already there are gorgeous. I'm sure the condos are also fantastic.

http://www.gladesprings.com/real-estate.php

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
2. Re: Glade Springs 2008

LVsun, you are right. Mostly lots. Glade Springs is growing by leaps and bounds! They are planning a 3rd golf course.

wythany, Glade Springs has beautiful hotel rooms, indoor/outdoor swimming pools, golf, fitness center, resturants, biking, horseback riding...lots of activities for visitors. And yes, it is a gated-community..gorgeous homes...some worth millions. And so many lots of different price ranges to choose from. We have been looking at a lot out there for about a year now ourselves...contemplating whether to buy it or not;)

So...If it IS just a two-hour sales presentation...and you get to stay 4 nights...sounds like a great deal to me.

(wonder what the "deal" is?? what is the price of the rooms?)

Southeastern...
reviews: 58
3. Re: Glade Springs 2008

LvSun & Beachlady,

Thanks for the info. Obviously Glade Springs has changed a lot since we were there!

My friends will have to decide whether they want the sales tour. My other concern is that they're thinking about going around Thanksgiving, not the prettiest time in WV. If they're still interested in the vacation, maybe I can talk them into going in early to mid October instead.

I can't remember the price exactly, but it seems to me it was under $200 total for four nights. Guess it would be worth finding out exactly what the accommodations would be! Could be some really awful motel nearby . . .

Arlington, VA
reviews: 114
4. Re: Glade Springs 2008

If the offer includes accomodations on site I would highly recommend it. They have recently redone/upgraded their resort hotel accomodations. Glade Springs is lovely, especially in October. Many of the recent renovations include an upscale restaurant and a very popular sports bar. Good sightseeing and scenic drives in the area. They do sell condos and land/lots for homes. A friend of mine fell in love with the place and recently build a georgeous home on the golf course.

5. Re: Glade Springs 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 09, 2009