We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Selah July 4th, what to do?

Which Yakima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Week in Selah July 4th, what to do?

Taking my "seasoned citizen" mother to Selah in July to visit a nephew - anything to do? I hear that the state fair is that week? are there any tours (other than wineries) that we could go on? Also, how hot is it usually, 90 or more?...

Thanks,

FromOhio

Toppenish
1. Re: Week in Selah July 4th, what to do?

hi,

Toppenish washington is not far from Selah (bout 30 min drive or less). We have a pow-wow rodeo/ fair. Theres lots to do in town as well, theres wagon tours of our murals.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 34
2. Re: Week in Selah July 4th, what to do?

Selah is a great town. You can always go down to the grocery store and watch em put up the new "specials" posters in the windows. On Saturdays, you can watch the cracks in the sidewalk widen. In the summer, listen to the grass grow. All in all ... it's a real exciting town.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
3. Re: Week in Selah July 4th, what to do?

You aren't very far from the Columbia River Gorge, absolutely worth a day trip. I'd drive west on the WA side of the Columbia, then cross the river southbound on I-205, then take the scenic highway eastbound, and see the waterfalls, dams, etc. Check out:

…away.com/gorp/…drv_cg.htm

There's not much in Selah, but you could drive also to Yakima...

gonorthwest.com/Washington/…ATTRACTIONS

Expect hot weather but, unlike Ohio, it is a dry heat and much more comfortable.

I'm assuming you will have access to a car. If not, perhaps others can discuss any tours.

4. Re: Week in Selah July 4th, what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, September 15, 2009