We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rattlesnake Hills or Prosser area wineries?

Which Yakima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
reviews: 1
Rattlesnake Hills or Prosser area wineries?

Hi! Planning our first trip to the Yakima area for wine tasting. We were originally going to go to the Rattlesnake Hills area but I see there are a bunch of wineries in the Prosser area. We're just going for the weekend. Which has better wineries? How much further is the Prosser area wineries? We're coming from Seattle.

Thanks for your help!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
1. Re: Rattlesnake Hills or Prosser area wineries?

Prosser is about 50 miles after Yakima.

I don't think it is a matter of which area has *better* wineries, as that is a matter of personal taste and budget. I have my favorites in both areas.

Seattle, WA
reviews: 1
2. Re: Rattlesnake Hills or Prosser area wineries?

Oooo, 50 miles. Which wineries do you like in the Rattlesnake area?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
3. Re: Rattlesnake Hills or Prosser area wineries?

Again, it's about personal choice and a number of factors, including the wine, location, access to wine makers, price point, and who we are tasting with. We like Windy Point for their location overlooking the valley, and often have a picnic on their grounds. Tefft Cellars, Bonair, Two Mountain to name a few. If it's your first time to the Valley, Sagelands is a large producer and good to visit. We like Claar as for some of their wine case specials. Paradisos Del Sol has more of a homey, different feel from the others. Remember in downtown Yakima you can visit Kana and The Washington Wines Tasting Room (they have one in Pike Place Market), a co-op featuring wines from a couple small wineries. Again, just grab a map and go!

FYI, an interesting option that is on my to-do list is wine tasting on horseback:

http://www.cherrywoodbbandb.com/tours.html

4. Re: Rattlesnake Hills or Prosser area wineries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, November 28, 2010