We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Yakima Sportsman SP?

Which Yakima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Camping at Yakima Sportsman SP?

A friend and I are considering camping here on our way to Seattle in mid-July. The general campground looks pretty nice but I'm worried that it might be hotter than blazes in that time of year.

Any reviews/comments would be helpful. If not here, is there anywhere else in town that would be better? I think that you can camp at the fairgrounds, but I can't imagine that it would be any better!

Kennewick WA
reviews: 7
1. Re: Camping at Yakima Sportsman SP?

Since no one answered you, I will give one.

Sportsman is a pretty nice park. Have never camped there, but have stopped there. There are a lot of trees for shade.

Weather is fairly hot in July, 80s-90s. There's not too much humidity, though. So I guess hot depends on what you consider hot.

Santa Rosa...
reviews: 25
2. Re: Camping at Yakima Sportsman SP?

We just spent 2 nights at La Wis Wis, about 70 miles from Yakima (June 29 and 30) and the weather was lovely. It's a beautiful campground located along a river. Flush toilets, but no showers. It's in the middle of a beautiful douglas fir forest. Highly reccommend if you like a secluded large camp site. Elk were roaming the campground. We live near the California Redwoods and wish we were closer to this beautiful park. It's listed under the US department of forestry campgrounds under Gifford Pinchott National Forest. Great views of Mt. Rainer from Packwood.

Kennewick WA
reviews: 7
3. Re: Camping at Yakima Sportsman SP?

Just wanted to add that La Wis Wis is 70 miles TOWARD Seattle from Yakima, so you would be going in the right direction if you are interested. But it's not in or near any towns.

4. Re: Camping at Yakima Sportsman SP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 01, 2010