We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

Which Yakima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
reviews: 18
Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

I'm looking at putting together a small corporate retreat for a small company. Looking for accommodations with some character and charm, that is walking distance from the downtown area? Any recommendations? We are open to B&B or hotel. The Ledgestone looks interesting, but perhaps too far out. We'd like for the spouses to be able to walk into town.

Likely looking at 12 couples, each will need individual bed/bathrooms. Also there is a requirement for some sort of informal meeting area. A living room of a 2-bedroom suite or similar will suffice.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
1. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

The Hilton Garden is would work well for you. I read the reviews for the Ledgestone...almost all of the ones that were given rave reviews were by posters that only had that review, and nothing else, which sends up red flags for me.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
2. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, and it was just fine for Yakima. That would be my choice too.

Seattle, WA
3. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

Nothing a little less "corporate" or with more charm?

Washington
Destination Expert
4. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

With your request for 12 couples, and walking distance to downtown, that limits you. There are some other choices (ie; Birchfield Manor, but it's not in downtown, and has 11 rooms.

Other options, again, not downtown Yakima, but in some of the surrounding towns, include, Whistlin Jack Lodge, Sunnyside B & B, Cherrywood Bed, Breakfast and Barn, as well as others.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
5. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

IslandGirl--Funny, I thought of Birchfield Manor as well, due to the charm, but definitely not near downtown. I remember going to dinner there for proms, lol! I won't mention how long ago that was;)

Washington
Destination Expert
6. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

Ah prom...long, long ago. Mine was in a cavernous gym. Cute guy though ;-0

Back on topic...it is so hard to explain Yakima or any of our wine country destinations to visitors. Character and charm are available, but hard to come by.

Seattle, WA
7. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

Thanks for the input. I'll check out your recommendations and see how set the group is on being able to hoof it into (or out of) town.

Thank you!

Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
8. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

Makes sense to call the local C of C or tourism office.

9. Re: Lodging recommendations for Yakima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 17, 2009