We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westport or Ocean Shores

Which Westport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 2
Westport or Ocean Shores

I'm starting a new tradition with my girls with a 2 day/1 night mid-week trip to the beach in August. It will just be my 2 daughters (ages 10 and 7) and I (w/o husband/dad). It's a trip for fun, relaxation, being at the beach to hear the waves, go on walks, beach combing, and time together away from home to end our summer vacation before school resumes. Would love to hear which location you prefer, WESPORT or OCEAN SHORES, and any recommendations on accommodations. Thanks!

25 replies to this topic
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
21. Re: Westport or Ocean Shores

Come on, WestportMike, your latest post is blatant and prohibited advertising on a post that is quite old. I know that you have knowledge/advice to offer, as shown on your previous post, but it would be nice if you respond, in a timely manner if you choose to do so, to the specific question w/o pushing your business.

Edited: 9:55 pm, February 12, 2011
Westport, Washington
reviews: 2
22. Re: Westport or Ocean Shores

sorry.. I honestly didn't know it was not allowed. Doing too many things at once I guess. Lessoned learned! Have a great year.

Westport, Washington
reviews: 43
23. Re: Westport or Ocean Shores

for beach combing westport is your best bet, there are less people here at most times and many things going on during the summer. westport has a website that shows all upcoming events, just search westport wa on google or such and many websites will appear, i can not remember the local site"i guess i should we live here but im sorry i do not"

but for good beach combing look in grass nearest beach edge"dunes" thats the area most tourist never check and seams to be where i always find my glass balls and bouys at

sorry i could not be more help and good luck

Las Vegas, Nevada
24. Re: Westport or Ocean Shores

thank you Bob! I want to relocate up to WA from hot and aweful Las Vegas and wanted to know more about each of these little towns...Westport keeps call out to me! thank you so much!

Tacoma, Washington
reviews: 31
25. Re: Westport or Ocean Shores

My wife and I just visited Westport, WA on August 7, 2014 - and I have been to Ocean Shores, WA in the past year. Both places are interesting and provide limited amount of activities that are pre-planned, but anyone visiting these areas should be creative in order to keep teens and pre-teens occupied. Westport is a village that attracts the fishing crowds like flies (meant as a compliment) and the opportunities to work with charters seems almost limitless. I was surprised to see so many couples and young families (all who appear to love to fish) get on and come off the boats. There are only a select number of "attractions" available in the Westport area - most of these were covered in BobOfBellevue's review. I loved the harbor and the variety of boats that are moored there. The beaches are nice to walk - but not many people were in the water to swim - too cold for that on this day. We wound up dining at Bennett's for late lunch - a number of dining places had shut down and the stores were empty.

We continued our trip south from Westport to Raymond, WA - just to experience the Pacific coastline and were delighted to find great places to stop for some photo-art opportunities - then headed home to Tacoma in the evening, about a 2+ hour drive from Raymond.

As I said: one needs to be a bit creative when visiting this section of the State of Washington...

Reply to: Westport or Ocean Shores
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Westport