We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

Which Spokane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
reviews: 2
info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

Looking for info on how long the drive is from Spokane to Seattle, how scenic is this drive and what is the best route to see the most dramatic scenery between these two cities? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
1. Re: info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

Time of year?

Renton, WA
2. Re: info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

The distance is 282 miles...how long it takes depends on which highway you take. Understand that eastern Washington is agricultural for the most part, so the scenic part comes when you get into the Cascade Mountains. Interstate 90 is the fastest but least scenic route; SR 2 is the slower route but is far more scenic as it passes through the mountains. If you are coming in the winter, the freeway is your best choice. Right now there are some delays on SR-2 but if you call 511 when you cross into Washington you can get highway conditions from the state.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
reviews: 34
3. Re: info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

It takes 41/2 hours from Spokae to Seattle if you drive straight through. Yes as Bob said the eastern part is mostly agricultural however there are some interesting sights to see off the highway. There is a lot of history around here.

I tell everyone to look at this web-site in order to get an idea of what they are seeing.....

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/missoula_floods

If you are interested in some quick side trips along the way let me know and I'll give you some ideas.

Collie

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Newport, Depoe Bay
reviews: 39
4. Re: info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

Collie, did you hear more from OP? I was kind of curious about your ideas. I have been across hwy 20 few times. nice drive hardly a side trip. though if some one was looking for scenic way and not in a hurry I might suggest that, we have driven through the Coulees.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
reviews: 34
5. Re: info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle

phril, I did give him some ideas, Dry Falls, Rocky Reach dam Leavenworth those kind of things. You are right It does take longer but as you said if you have the time there are things to see along the way. The first part can be monotonous but then so is I90 in that same area.

I got the idea he wanted to take some side trips which highway 2 would offer and in and of itself it is a side strip compared to I90, lol.

Collie

Reply to: info needed on drive from Spokane to Seattle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted