We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

Which Spokane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 25
Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

Sorry if this has been discussed to death already!

If you were making a trip to Spokane, mainly to go shopping (mall-type) - what's your favorite? And what do you recommend nearby for accommodations - (clean, safe)?

Edited: 8:20 pm, June 26, 2013
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
reviews: 34
1. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

Jasper, good for you in reposting your questions....

My favorite mall is Northtown.mall because it's all under the same "large" roof.

www.northtownmall.com

There is also River Park square downtown right across the street from the park which is awesome in itself.

www.riverparksquare.com

It has some interesting shops and is in a great location.

I don't know what your budget for lodging is but there are several safe places to stay for different prices.

Here are a few in the downtown area that is close to everything.

www.redlion.com

www.thedavenporthotel.com

The Davenport is a 4 to 5 * hotel depending on who you read.

the Comfort Inn it's a few blocks from downtown.

www.choicehotels.com

The Travelodge

www.travelodge.com

The Ramada downtown

www.ramada.com just type in Spokane downtown.

Do you have any thing special that you'd like to buy or places to see?

If I were you I'd call the different hotels just to see what kind of a special you can get and they do have them.

Any questions please ask.

Collie

Edited: 8:52 pm, June 26, 2013
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
reviews: 58
2. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

Big diffrerence in the quality of hotels downtown, a variety listed above but depending on comfort and $$ some may be more you style.

Riverpark Square has the higher end/more fasionable stores.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 67
3. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

I like Riverfront Sq, but I just hate that parking garage! It's expensive and I find it confusing unless I can get there early and get on the bottom level but I cant tell you the name of the street to take to access the entrance that goes under Nordstrom!

I like Northgate as well.

My SIL and I often go up for an overnight in December for Christmas shopping and can sometimes get a good rate at the Holiday Inn Express on N. Division or across the street at Oxford Suites. Thank goodness there is a traffic signal to get out on Division there! If I book early enough I can sometimes use frequent flier miles at the HI.

Pam

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
4. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

DObby, next time you come to Spokane let me know there are parking lots just 2 blocks from the park and Riverpark Square and it costs 2$ a day or sometimes 3 depending on the day. The way most people come into town they never see them so don't know they are there. A great many people that work downtown park there. It's an outdoor lot but safe. I don't know about over night parking though I will find out. I've recommended it many times and people are very happy with it.

Collie

Edited: 12:36 pm, July 02, 2013
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 67
5. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

Thanks Colliegirl! I think I remember walking by some of those lots long ago and far away when I used to watch my nephews at Hoopfest. I always forget about them until too late!

Being from the hinterlands, I have to really remember where I park my car! At Northgate, I always try to park by the Macy's door facing Division. I think that is why that parking garage is so intimidating. I also write down the color if I am not at the basement level! Good Grief!

Pam

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
6. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

Pam, I'm with you I don't like parking garages either and will only use one if there are no other options, somehow they make me feel claustrophobic and I'm not normally.

collie

7. Re: Your favorite Spokane shopping experience.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014