We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

Which Snohomish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 320
Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

Travelling from Australia to Snohomish in September and looking for the simplest non-pricey way for 2 very weary travellers with heavy bags to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC in the late afternoon. I'll send a koala to whoever [posts the best answer!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
1. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

Snohomish is a little off the beaten path. Here is a link for Shuttle Express. You can put your address into

shuttleexpress.com

but if you use thier 'scheduled service' its quite a bit less. I'll attach the list and perhaps someone will comment but I'm guessing the stop at Everett Train station is closest. For two its $40. From there I'd take a cab which will save a lot over a cab from Seatac. Perhaps others can look at the list and see if they think somehting else is closer.

shuttleexpress.com/seatac-airport/hotel-tran…

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
2. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

We used to live in Snohomish and often used Shuttle Express.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
3. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

There is VERY limited bus service to Snohomish (and rumored to get even more limited) except from the Everett Station. If you need a cab to your specific destination from the town of Snohomish you need to arrange in advance.

If you end up getting a car, the fastest way to drive is to go up 405 to east on 522 at Woodinville (the signs say Wenatchee -- but that's on the other side of the pass). Just a few miles down the road, go north on Highway 9 to Snohomish. Driving toSnohomish via Everett is farther and the likelihood of bad traffic is greater.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 320
4. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

Thanks David. Sure seems like Shuttle Express is the way to go. Despite asking them TWICE why there was such a cost difference between the AMTRACK Station and any other stop in Everett, they responded with generic non-answers to the question. They DID, however, advise they would take my wife and I to the town of Snohomish for a total cost of $63. Methinks the cab ride from Everett Station to Snohomish would be more than the $23 difference, so we'll probably opt for the shared shuttle @ $63 as it would be much more convenient at a probable cost saving than going via the Station.

Where do I send the koala - you've earned it!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
5. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

glad you found the info useful. Shuttle express bought a company that used to shuttle between certain hotels so they maintain that but don't advertise it. If you had someone who could pick you up from Bothell I thought I'd send you the list. Since its not on the 'tourist' circuit $63 isn't bad. I'll let you advise me if I ever get to your side of the world. Enjoy Seattle.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
6. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

$63 for two people is a GREAT deal. Are you sure it isn't $63 each? Take it!!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
7. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

$63 for both sounds right. The last time we used it it was close to $45 for one person, and they give you a discount with the 2nd person.

8. Re: Best way to get to Snohomish from SEA-TAC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Snohomish