We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender Festival info

Which Sequim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Krakow, Poland
reviews: 16
Lavender Festival info

Hi all,

I am going to the Olympic Peninsula in the period Lavender Festival,

could someone tell me what function has its festival?

I will find again fields of flowers?

thanks

8 replies to this topic
Krakow, Poland
1. Re: Lavender Festival info

I'm interested in particularly see fields of lavender flowers, there is the possibility to visit them after the festival?

any suggestions for farms to visit?

possible to accomodation in farms?

thanks

Edited: 10:49 am, February 03, 2013
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 5
2. Re: Lavender Festival info

Hello Toska. I remember your earlier posts. There are no farm accommodations; you will have to find a hotel. Make sure you have a reservation very soon. During the Lavender Festival, every hotel room in Sequim and in Port Angeles gets booked. You should be able to see lots of lavender in bloom, but the farms are mostly small. They are separated by clusters of houses in a suburban setting. It is not like Provence, where there are long vistas of lavender.

You will be able to visit many farms. During the festival, buses run to participating farms.

Krakow, Poland
3. Re: Lavender Festival info

hi

I have the opportunity to visit olympic peninsula during the period July 17 to 21 or July 22 to 25, do you think in the second option there is still an opportunity to visit farms? I read that the period of festival there is so many people, what do you suggest?

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
4. Re: Lavender Festival info

I have heard that too. If it were me, I'd go when it wasn't the festival. I'm sure the farms still allow visitors.

port angeles
reviews: 1
5. Re: Lavender Festival info

Sequim Lavender Weekend is July 19-21 and it does draw larger crowds. You can go to www.sequimlavenderweekend.com for more details. Lavender is in bloom from early July until the end of August. Depending on weather harvesting may continue into September. There are lots of really nice 5acre farms spread throughout the Sequim-Dungeness Valley. All are within short drives (like 20 minutes maximum) from Sequim.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 5
6. Re: Lavender Festival info

If you really want to see the farms, go during the festival. That will give you the opportunity to see the most farms. Just make sure you book your hotel room early. The festival is a lot of fun, and they provide the transportation to the farms.

Bellevue, Washington
reviews: 4
7. Re: Lavender Festival info

When are the farms harvested? Would there be any lavender farms open to the public during September first week?

port angeles
reviews: 1
8. Re: Lavender Festival info

Many of the lavender farms are still open, including Purple Haze Lavender, Jardin du Soleil Lavender, Olympic Lavender, Washington Lavender and Victors' Lavender. Nearly all of the lavender has been harvested although the farms are still lovely and there are hundreds of handmade products available in the gift stores. Check the hours of individual farms before visiting as fall hours begin to be limited at some farms. More info at www.sequimlavender.org. The annual Sequim Lavender Weekend is always the 3rd weekend of July. Depending on weather, the lavender is usually in bloom July and August. Submitted by Scott Nagel, Executive Director.

Edited: 5:15 am, September 02, 2013
Reply to: Lavender Festival info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sequim