We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender Festival

Which Sequim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north vancouver
Lavender Festival

We are thinking of going to sequim to visit those lavender farms, but  I don't want to go during the lavender festival weekend.

Usually,when is the earliest or the latest time of the year,you can still have a nice view of all the lavender.

I know one week before or one week after is also recommended, but I am just wondering if Aug. 4th weekend will be good too.

Please give some advice.

10 replies to this topic
north vancouver
1. Re: Lavender Festival

Besides, will there still be the same tour of all the lavender farms and the lavender park, even if it's not the festival weekend.

Thank you.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 6
2. Re: Lavender Festival

Something weird happened to your font, and I had a terrible time reading your post. I think, however, that Aug. 4 might still be OK. Usually, August is too late for the lavender, but this year we are having an extremely late spring. My hellebores have just reached their peak, which they should have done six weeks ago. If this La Nina year continues as it has begun, you should still be able to see some purple in early August. No guarantees, of course, but give it a shot.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
reviews: 5
3. Re: Lavender Festival

I have gone a couple of times on the Saturday. Does it have to be a weekend you visit?

port angeles
reviews: 1
4. Re: Lavender Festival

Lavender blooms for quite awhile and does depend on the weather, but Sequim lavender is usually blooming in early July and into August and even September. At some point the farms begin harvesting, but they always leave some for the view, u-pick, etc. If you are not going during the lavender weekend (July 20-22), the week before and the two weeks after are prime times. Many farms are open throughout the week. Farms have different schedules so it is good to check ahead if you want to see a particular farm.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
reviews: 6
5. Re: Lavender Festival

Just to let people know, snageli is one of the originators of the Sequim Lavender Fesitval and, as such, is probably the best authority on all things lavender in the area.

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Lavender Festival

I just want another clarification - if I visit the area for lavender within a week before or after the festival, what will be the biggest difference? Will I be missing a lot of things, e.g. only have access to a very limited farms etc.

Thanks in advance.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
reviews: 4
7. Re: Lavender Festival

Biggest difference is you'll miss the traffic that the festival creates. The few small farms involved will still be open.

I encourage you to keep your expectations low. ;-)

port angeles
reviews: 1
8. Re: Lavender Festival

I don't know who sent this reply, but most of the farms, and certainly the most gorgeous ones will be open all summer. It is beautiful before and after the Sequim Lavender Weekend, always the 3rd weekend of July. Yes traffic is less than on the festival weekend. If you want a festival experience with lots of great food, crafts, demonstrations, music, all kinds of art and tourism projects around town, wine tours, etc. then come on the weekend, July 19-21. It is a very special occasion. But if you want a quieter time with less people come the week before or after and generally through the month of July and into August. Check with the farms as weather of course can make a difference on the harvest. You do want to come before the bulk of harvesting happens, but there is lavender through the early fall. Scott Nagel, Executive Director, Sequim Lavender Farmers Association.

NJ
reviews: 27
9. Re: Lavender Festival

I was at the festival last year, now the weather was unusual, raining... so that may have kept the crowds down but i didn't think the traffic was bad at all, now i am from the east coast and our traffic is probably only 2nd to Los Angeles! the real issue is that there are some really neat artisans you can see if you go to the craft festival in the town of sequim along with the farms. i had a great time . I was in sequim many years ago sans the festival and i have to say i much preferred sequim at festival time. the later you go traveling in the summer, it seems to me it is quieter... i'd go after the festival if you don't want to go during it. enjoy!

Chicago
reviews: 48
10. Re: Lavender Festival

I was thinking about going to the festival this year. So you say it's worth it? A lot of fun?

Reply to: Lavender Festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted