We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

Which SeaTac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rehovot
reviews: 33
purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

Can a prepaid sim card be purchased at Sea-Tac? I'd prefer not to have to drive around searching for an AT&T (or equivalent store) after leaving the airport for the drive to Olympic NP.

Thanks

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
1. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

I don't think they can. Our phone system is not so modular. I wish it was.

Which way are you going? You can also get cards at Best Buy, Walmart and other kiosks.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
2. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

sim cards aren't as common so I'd be hardpressed to suggest where to go. Almost any 7-11 cells a tracphone and with the activation you can buy the phone for $8=10. Then its easy to add time to the card.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
3. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

According to their web site Ken's Baggage at the airport sells sim cards: http://www.kensbaggage.com/otherservices.html

Rehovot
4. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

Thanks. I saw ken's on the Sea-Tac website but wasn't sufficiently motivated to check out their web-site. Maybe we can even buy a frozen sim card.

Rehovot
5. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

Sodomojo found Ken's at baggage claim and, according to their web site, they sell sim cards (along with the availability of baggage and frozen facilities.

Anyway, we will be heading directly for Forks at ONP.

Thanks.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
6. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

Let us know what you find at Ken's, OK? Be prepared to have to look elsewhere if it doesn't meet your expectations. There are stores on the way to Forks. Nearer Seattle there are more tho choose from.

Rehovot
7. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

Will do and again, thanks.

Rehovot
8. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

I didn't even try Ken's. We drove to Forks, and, before leaving, I searched and found an AT&T store in Sequim, called, & verified that they had SIM cards. Cost $25 + tax, & includes 150 minutes @ $0.10/minute, incoming or outgoing. So, the card cost $10. & the time costs $15. Valid for 30 days unless you add time, then for 30 days (not additive). We're now in Port Angeles, planning to ferry to Victoria on Sunday, and fly out on Monday.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
9. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

The gift store at the airport actually does sell sim cards I've seen them there

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
10. Re: purchase sim card at Sea-Tac

May I know what is the name of the gift store and location? I will be arriving Seattle on 21 Jan and would like to get a prepaid SIM for local call and data use. Thanks!