We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

Which Puyallup hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norco, California
reviews: 34
Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

I am embarking on a trip from Southern California where I live to Puyallup, WA to see family with no real time constraints and over 5 days and 6 nights have charted a course, but need help from Florence to Puyallup as this is brand new territory. I don't want to drive more than 6 hours in one day if at all possible. Opinions on what I have so far and suggestions for the rest would be helpful. I may be tired of driving the coast if the rest of 101 is winding and treacherous, and I am not opposed to driving over to I5. I have gone blind from reading so many forum posts but can't seem to gleen what I need to make a decision. Thanks in advance for your time...

1st night in Pismo Beach, CA (booked)

2nd night in Monterey, CA (booked)

3rd night in Gualala, CA (booked)

4th night in Trinidad, CA (proposed, not yet booked)

5th night in Banden, OR (proposed, not yet booked)

6th night at Heceta Lighthouse (booked)

?????????

5 replies to this topic
western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
1. Re: Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

If you don't want more than 6 hours in a car, I think it will be two shorter days from Hecete Head.

How about going up to Lincoln City, then east to Salem and I-5. From there,you could get to Hood River or the Dalles up on the north side of Oregon. That puts you in place to see the Columbia Gorge the next morning before heading up to Puyallup later in the day.

Downtown Portland is also an option.There's not much once you head north of Portland. Mt. St Helens another good excursion that takes 4 hours, but there's no lodging nearby.

Norco, California
2. Re: Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

Thank you! Appreciate your feedback...

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 4
3. Re: Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

The drive along the Oregon Coast is not treacherous, and not really that twisty. Not sure if you are driving in Summer when it is busy. The area around Cape Perpetua is quite nice. You may want to continue on to Cannon Beach and then take 26 to Portland. If for some reason you want to head inland sooner, the drive to Eugene is quite easy.

Norco, California
4. Re: Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

I am traveling this Month (May) so not sure if there is weather (I'm from Southern California so ice and snow are serious weather to me) on the 26 at that time. Considering just heading all the way up the 101 to 12 to 5 to Puyallup. I am so new to the PNW I honestly don't know what to expect so your thoughts would be appreciated!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 4
5. Re: Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W

Snow is long long gone on all of 26!

Reply to: Opinions/Suggestions On Trip from Florence, OR to Puyallup W
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puyallup