We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enchanted Village Reviews

Which Federal Way hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sandy, utah
reviews: 8
Enchanted Village Reviews

Has anyone been to the Enchanted Village Amusement Park recently since it was sold by Six Flags? We're buying a 2-day Go Seattle card that includes this as free admission and my 2 teens, 14 and 17, have it on their "must do" list. I've read lots of poor reviews (not recent) and am wondering about the general cleanliness of the pools and changing areas, cost of parking, length of lines in the water park and rides (we'd only be there about 4 hours on a Wed. afternoon July 25th) and if it's true they won't even allow water to be brought into the park. Thanks for your insights. I hate to get there and immediately regret our decision.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 53
1. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

You have several water parks in Utah. Not meaning to be "testy", but with all there is to see in Seattle area, to spend an afternoon at a water park seems like a waste.

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 1
2. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

Yah, it's true about not even water being allowed, at least that's how it was last time I went. But you can leave and re-enter, and if you have a cooler with food etc in the car you can save some $$ on lunch. There's no telling what the lines will be like, even on a wednesday, since it's the summer and so many kids have season passes... they just spend all the time there. The lines are rediculous, you have to get there right when the park opens to really enjoy the water slides... but then again, at their ages, they probably really don't care about waiting in a line. I'm sure they'd have a good time, but like the previous poster said, there's MUCH better things to do with your time in Seattle than spend the day at Wild Waves.

sandy, utah
3. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

We actually weren't planning on getting there until around 3 p.m. We arrive at Sea-Tac around 8 a.m. and were going to spend the morning at the Space Needle and surrounding museums. Then go to either the Odyssey Maritime Discovery Center or Museum of Glass in Tacoma (has anyone been to either of those?) for an hour before the water park. It wouldn't even be a consideration but we're trying to do attractions included on the Go Seattle Card.

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 1
4. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

I really wouldn't waste your time if you're not going to get there until 3! Are you not able to go the second day? My advice... depending on where you're staying... spend the morning doing the stuff in Tacoma, since that's about 25-30 minutes south of Seattle. Then spend the next morning at Wild Waves (six flags) it's about 20 min south of Seattle too. You could spend a few hours there then still have the evening to do other stuff. I've heard great things about the glass museum, never been there myself though. I loved the Pacific Science center when I was younger, there was so much stuff to see there. That's at the Seattle Center, by the Space Needle, there's also rides at the Seattle Center where the World's Fair was. ALSO.. There's the EMP if you're into music history at all.... really there's SOOOO much to do and see in Seattle, you could spend all of both days there and not be missing anything at wild waves!!!! MY best advice would be to scratch anything else and stay in Seattle!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 53
5. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

Sometimes using the card, as in Go Seattle, tends to provide filler but not the highlights or the best of Seattle area. Some things worth seeing are listed in Seattle Attractions tab on this page. Given ages of your boys, Chittenden Locks - free, Aquarium, Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum, a combined facility - as noted by previous poster, Seattle Center itself, the Science Museum, the Museum of Flight, etc. So much to see and do, cannot see how you have time to enjoy, for example, the Maritime Center (which is having some financial problems I understand) or the drive to Tacoma for the Glass Museum. Also, you apparently did not mention how long you have in Seattle, or perhaps I missed it.

sandy, utah
6. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

We just have days in Seattle and are staying at a Best Western about 7 miles north of the Space Needle because the cost is so much cheaper. On day 2 we were going to the Boeing Tour and Future of Flight Aviation Center, Pike Place Market, Underground Tour and Blake Island Cruise with the salmon dinner/ Tillicum Village dancers. The reason we've got that and Day 1's Itinerary which includes the Space Needle, etc. and Wild Waves is because each person in our family was given a list of Seattle attractions from the Go Seattle Card as well as a list of others and voted on their top 7 choices. Unfortunately Wild Waves was the top choice for both my teens so I'm trying to justify scratching that off the list. They don't seem to care that Utah has water parks they can go to.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 43
7. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

Your schedule is really crowded....I-5 will be too. Getting from place to place will take up so much time that little or none wil be left for Enchanted Village. It has been a while since we were there with our kids but a few years ago when I drove by it did not look very different. It was "OK" but nothing super...even to the kids.

Check the park's schedule and save it for the last thing. Even if you have only a couple hours, since it is "free", it may still be worthwhile. My recollection was the water park closed pretty early compared to the rest of the place. Making it last allows your group to weigh their interest in the other places in Tacoma and whether high enough to sacrifice time at Enchanted Village on the way back to Seattle. If it gets dropped then no big deal...there really are better things to see and do.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
8. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

Have to chime in here --- I have teens and they would go to Enchanted Village/Wild Waves at the drop of the hat especially if I was paying. They love it. One of those rituals of summer.

That said, for me (and I am someone who loves the better water parks around the country), I find this park expensive, dirty, with long lines, too much asphalt and overall is not really that entertaining. Security can be an issue - don't leave anything unattended.

My sons are lifeguards and have talked to others who have guarded at Wild Waves - their stories make my skin crawl - but doesn't deter them, they just are aware of the many issues at this park.

After Six Flags bought the park, improvements were made, but so much more is needed. Remember too, that this is the only water park in Seattle with a very captive audience.

So, everything you have heard is true. That said, if your kids are really committed to going...it is not horrible...you'll survive...just bring a good book and find a patch of lawn...you'll have loads of leverage to do all the other fabulous activities in Seattle.

9. Re: Enchanted Village Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Federal Way