We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chelan Trip Report

Which Chelan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 4
Chelan Trip Report

I didn't find much info about Chelan on TA when we planned our Chelan trip and I thought I would share it so that it would help others in the future.

Must do:

- On a sunny day, Boating / jet-skiing - there is NO speed limit on lake chelan. Highly recommended

- Take a ride to Stehekin to hike over there. Recommend an overnight stay. We didn't do it because of time constraint by people said it's nice and the boat ride is great.

- On a crappy day, visit the wineries there, especially Benson Vineyards. That place is fantastic, it's so relaxing! We could sit there for the whole day (assuming you go there for a relaxing trip). Not much food option there though so it's best to go there for an afternoon wine tasting/chilling after lunch.

- Bear Food Cafe for their crepes, awesome!

One note, most sit-in restaurants except Campbell's Pub are closed by 9:30pm. Here is more about my trip in case you are interested: thrutomislens.com/post/6288577014/memorial-d…

9 replies to this topic
Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 19
1. Re: Chelan Trip Report

It's on the list to visit someday, thanks for posting your report.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 15
2. Re: Chelan Trip Report

My only comment would be that Lake Chelan has alot of debris moving down the lake, particularly in the spring and through the early summer. As a boater, you do have to be aware of the large hazards in the water. I have seen enormous "deadheads" moving down the lake that would be deadly to reckless or unsuspecting.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 4
3. Re: Chelan Trip Report

Thanks for the note. Totally agree. We did see a lot of debris on the lake around Manson and had to be very careful going through them.

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 26
4. Re: Chelan Trip Report

Are there any restaurants right on the lake where you can eat outside on the water?

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane
reviews: 33
5. Re: Chelan Trip Report

For restaurants lakeside a few of the hotels and resorts come close, check this out...

www.lakesidelodgeandsuites.com

www.cometothelake.com

Some of the wineries are on the cliffs or the side of one, have food and a drop dead view of the lake.

There is also a zip line, bicycle, kayak, canoe, paddleboard, jetski and boat rentals.Almost forgot parasailing too.

Collie

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 26
6. Re: Chelan Trip Report

Thank you. Do you know the name of the winery with the great view?

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane
7. Re: Chelan Trip Report

I've been to several between Chelan and Manson, I do have them written down I'll find the names and post them, it may be tomorrow morning..

Collie

Edited: 10:04 pm, June 07, 2014
Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane
8. Re: Chelan Trip Report

Amazing it was where I put it.

The best one is Tsillan Cellars it has a great view and a fabulous restaurant, it looks like an Italian villa. Tsillan is pronounced Chelan it's the native American spelling.

www.tsillancellars.com

Another nice winery with a view is Benson vineyards but no restaurant just cheese and that sort of thing.

www.bensonvineyards.com

I also liked Karma they are well known for their champagne.

www.goodkarmawines.com

And yet another...

www.chelanridgewinery.com

Enjoy...

Collie

reviews: 707
9. Re: Chelan Trip Report

Really enjoyed reading about a place we would like to visit! Thanks so much! :).

Reply to: Chelan Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted