We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chrysalis Inn vs Bellwether

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo, Ohio
reviews: 3
Chrysalis Inn vs Bellwether

I've previously stayed at the Bellwether - thinking of staying @ the Chrysalis this time. It would be for 2 nights - any thoughts? Which as better view, any nice restaurants within walking distance, etc.?

seattle
reviews: 38
1. Re: Chrysalis Inn vs Bellwether

I am going to stay at the Bellwether for the first time in July, it looks very nice. I have stayed at the Chrysalis and it is lovely and the location, walking distance to Fairhaven town is great. The downside is the train noise...it is right above the tracks and it is very loud. They have a bowl of earplugs at the desk so you get the drift.

Bellingham4now
2. Re: Chrysalis Inn vs Bellwether

I have lived in Bellingham for about a year now. If I had family members who were visiting me and wanted to get a hotel, I would send them to the Chrysalis. I love the Bellwether, but the marina is to disconnected from the town. The Chrysalis is in such a perfect spot. I often go to the Fino Wine Bar in the Chrysalis and sit outside with a glass of wine and look out at the water. Very peaceful and quaint. Its just a few blocks away from downtown Fairhaven (the best part of Bellingham); it has a lot of great restaurants and shops. The Cliff House Restaurant, in the opposite direction, is very close too..and very good. There is a great walking path from the center of Bellingham along th shore to boulevard park which then leads to a over water pedestrian walkway (boardwalk), this connects back to land right next to the Chrysalis. This makes it the perfect spot for venturing off in any direction. I noticed the previous replier mentioned the train noise. I hadn't thought about that, but I believe the train is quite close to the Bellwether as well.

And by the way, if you haven't driven Chuckanut before...you must.