We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant Air Delays

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
reviews: 1
Allegiant Air Delays

This was my second time flying Bellingham to Las Vegas on Allegiant. Both times resulted in lengthy delays.

Mar 4, flight 277: Vegas-Bellingham was delayed 7 hours, no reason provided! $8 food voucher as compensation!

I think passengers should be entitled to some sort of compensation when delays reach over 5 hours!

Has anyone been compensated by Allegiant?

7 replies to this topic
Vancouver...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

The Bellingham forum is for questions about Bellingham, not complaints about air travel. Keeping in mind that we are not air travel lawyers, you should post on the Air Travel forum. Chuck.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Vancouver, British...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

I think people can post whatever they damn well feel like. Always internet tough guys in all forums!!

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
3. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

Shane: Too bad you are so touchy and grumpy. You are very inexperienced on TA (2 posts) and obviously didn't figure out how it works, so I provided you with a link to the correct forum to post your question about air travel. You take care. Chuck.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

I'm going to back up Chuck here - the advice given was more polite than any I would have given. My stock answer to this "issue" is: Allegiant is not a Bellingham owned or operated airline and their customer service is not operated here either. Hence, wrong place to post.

North Vancouver...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

Considering the fares they charge, 8 bucks probably represented their entire profit margin! Be happy. Remember this is a (very) low-budget airline.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
6. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

What a silly response: people can reply anywhere they want to. The idea is to post where you'd most likely get a productive response, from people familiar with air travel, and maybe Allegiant in particular. You're asking for free advice from total strangers. You could also post on Flyertalk.com. If you take such a combative stance, who would want to help you, and why?

Edited: 2:25 pm, May 04, 2014
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
7. Re: Allegiant Air Delays

Allegiant is a very small carrier with very ltd planes. When there is a delay your at their mercy. Unfortunately this is the chance you take when you fly a small non major carrier. I just got stuck in Nashville for two days when American cancelled a flight, however they booked on other carriers to get me home. No such luck if I had been on Allegiant, Spirit, Southwest or other similar.

Its the risk you take with air travel.

Reply to: Allegiant Air Delays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted