We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tasmania
reviews: 12
Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train

We are arriving by ferry from Sitka/Ketchikan at 8am Friday 12 Sept and travelling on to Vancouver where we have booked accommodation at the St Regis Hotel for three nights. Our travel agent in Australia has suggested to go by bus, but I have noticed that the ferry port is near a station. Is this so, and is it easy to wheel our cases there? Is the ferry most likely to be on time ( understanding that unpredictable weather can delay)?

I have been on the Amtrak website and found there are two trains. The one that leaves at the later time of 9:52am looks the best as it gives us time to alight etc., assuming the ferry berths on time. I have also found that if we miss the train we can get a credit that can be cashed in if we can't use it. I would be interested in any advice people can give me on this subject of getting from the Bellingham ferry to Vancouver. Many thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
1. Re: Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train

Yes, the Amtrak station is adjacent to the Alaska ferry terminal (maybe a couple hundred yards' walk) and the train would be the easiest and probably cheapest way to get to Vancouver. I doubt that the ferry will be late; the AMHS people know their business.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train

It is a short walk from the ferry terminal across a parking lot and about a half a block to the train station - very easy walk. You should be able to make the morning train - if you don't you could always dink around Fairhaven for the day and take the evening train I suppose.

Tasmania
reviews: 12
3. Re: Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train

Thank you.

Washington State
reviews: 54
4. Re: Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train

Make sure you are reading the Amtrak schedule correctly, there are two trains a day, and the 9:52 am one is the EARLY one, in the morning. There is a 9:00pm train too. We don't use the 24 hour clock for train schedules in this country. Also make sure you are heading to Vancouver BC, not Vancouver WA.

Reply to: Bellingham Ferry Port to Vancouver by Train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted