We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 64
Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?

Bit of an issue for us and hoping I can get some experienced user feedback.

Unfortunately our red-eye flight into Bellingham airport has now changed by an hour meaning we get into Bellingham at 8:45am leaving only 45 mins to de-plane, collect luggage, hop in a cab and get to the Amtrak station for the 9:52am train into Vancouver B.C.

Our back-up plan if we miss the train is the Bolt Bus noon departure.

So, my qs are:

Are taxis plentiful at Bellingham airport or would it be best to pre-book something?

The Amtrak info. in one place mentions with luggage the recommended arrival time for the train is 30/45 mins and then in another, I see 20mins. Either way we know we will be lucky to make the train but I'm wondering what experiences others have had regards checkin in times.

Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Washington - the...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?

The taxi's are plentiful enough in my opinion. Train times are subject to various factors (weather, track issues) - make sure to call from the cab while on the way. If it were me, I'd cancel the train and take an alternative - Bolt Bus or Quick Shuttle because you are cutting it close as it is and depending on the airline there is liitle chance it will be coming in on time.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
2. Re: Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?

did you also look at Quick shuttle which would take you right from BLI to Vancouver? Logistically it seems easier.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 64
3. Re: Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?

Many thanks both for your replies. At this point we are hoping the flight changes again but more in our favour! If not, as it is unlikely we could make the 9:52am train, we think we will go with the Quick Shuttle but unfortunately, we then have a 3hr wait for that to arrive. The other bus would be slightly better but then we would have to grab a cab to get to the stop.

If I remember rightly, in the airport there are seats we can use and a type of coffee/shop kiosk in the check-in area to use while we are waiting. Does anyone know if the recent renovations included a restaurant or anything else? I believe the one after security won't be available for us to use so we are hopeful we would at least be able to get a coffee and snooze on a couple of chairs. Thanks

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?

The coffee shop is just a gift shop that offers coffee and pre-packed sandwiches - the chairs are typical airport bucket seat type - just to let you know. The upstairs restaurant area (the old Red Baron) does not have a tenant (and probably won't).

Reply to: Cabs Waiting at BLI? Amtrak cut-off for check-in?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted