We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

which is more central and has better access to public transpo ? sorry won't allow me to edit but should be Guesthouse inn Bellingham

Edited: 5:34 pm, October 20, 2013
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
1. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

which is more central and has better access to public transpo ? sorry won't allow me to edit but should be Guesthouse inn Bellingham

Edited: 5:34 pm, October 20, 2013
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
2. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

which is more central and has better access to public transpo ? btw won't allow me to edit but should be Guesthouse inn Bellingham

Bellingham...
reviews: 292
3. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

I wouldn't stay at either of those places myself

What exactly would you like to be near to ? Downtown ?

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
4. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

I guess ideally the bus terminal as I can either grab a bus or walk most places from there

Bellingham...
5. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

The Bellwether hotel is close to downtown Bham but it is a decent walk from downtown "proper", but it is MUCH better than the Coachman or Guesthouse Inn and is on the water

The Chrysalis Hotel is between the neighborhoods of downtown Bham and a southern neighborhood called Fairhaven and the bus goes right by there as well

ridewta.com/route_401

It is really nice and a great place but has some train noise

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
6. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

Just got back fron another trip so looking for cheapest/best value accommodation that is hopefully close to the city bus terminal as mentioned

Edited: 10:21 am, October 21, 2013
Bellingham...
7. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

I would go with the Lakeway Best Western then.It is a little bit pricier than the GuestHouse Inn but overall value it is better.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
8. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

Btw I would have no problem staying at the Coachman again (as I am very easy to please as long as its really cheap, clean, quiet and fairly central), but thought I would check into seeing what else is out there

Edited: 11:26 am, October 21, 2013
Bellingham, WA
reviews: 61
9. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

I would avoid Coachman Inn as it's in area with a lot of "welfare" hotels. I stayed at the Gueshouse Inn (which was the ValuInn before) when I was visiting here prior to moving here and I thought it was fine. There is a bus stop nearby.

Unfortunately Bellingham has no downtown hotels at all.

There are several moderate priced hotel chains along Meridian on the north side of town and there is a transit center nearby on Cordata just north of Bakerview Road. This transit center is where the Bolt Bus, that runs from Vancouver to Portland, stops.

This website will show you the bus system map to help your planning.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
10. Re: Coachman inn or Bellingham guesthouse inn

My biggest complaint about the Coachman was its a little further out than what I would prefer hence seeing what other better options may (or may not) exist

Edited: 9:43 am, October 22, 2013