We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October visit

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maumelle, Arkansas
reviews: 1
October visit

We will be staying in Bellingham the last week of Oct.- Nov 2. We have never traveled the area before. I am looking for ideas for day trips and activities from Bellingham by car for 2 adults. Planning on taking the ferry to Victoria for 2 nights but not sure what else to do. will we need winter clothes?

5 replies to this topic
Washington - the...
reviews: 15
1. Re: October visit

The ferry from Bellingham to Victoria is seasonal and not in operation currently. I still suggest the trip (I really enjoy Victoria) but you would have to take a ferry from somewhere else.

You won't need winter clothes, but waterproof jacket for sure. We wear layers under that for the fall.

It is hard to give day trip suggestions right now because it is currently raining like crazy and the idea of going outside and driving is giving me a headache. What kind of activities do you like?

The Pickford http://www.pickfordfilmcenter.org/ is having its annual Doctober festival - if you are here for the 19th Bean to Bar is playing with a pre-show chocolate tasting.

Also, let us know what kind of food you like and there are a lot of great places to eat around here - the main social activity during "rainy season".

Bellingham...
reviews: 237
2. Re: October visit

look through all this carefully and you'll find tons to do.plus you can always just private message me I've lived here or near here my whole life

cascadiaweekly.com/

calendar.bellinghamherald.com/

bellingham-subdued-excitement.com/things-to-…

bellingham.org/

bellingham.org/activities/

bellinghamexplorer.com/

whiterockonline.com/

bellewoodfarms.com/

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
3. Re: October visit

Victoria is a great spot for a couple of days. Lots to see / do. But you will need to come up to Vancouver and catch a ferry from Tsawwassen to Victoria.

Maumelle, Arkansas
reviews: 1
4. Re: October visit

thanks for all the email links! So helpful! We are planning a couple night in Victoria. My understanding is that we can take the ferry from Anancortes thru San Juan islands then to Victoria. I am hoping we can get off the ferry for the day in e San Juan islands and then get back on and travel on to Victoria.. it is so beautiful! Wanting to do whale watching, Ziplines, and maybe kayaking and of course hiking. Thinking of spending a day heading to Mt Baker area. Is that worth it?

Thanks!

Washington - the...
reviews: 15
5. Re: October visit

I like the Mt. Baker area for a day trip. North Fork Brewery (in Deming) has great food and beer. http://www.northforkbrewery.com/

Mt Baker - Snoqualmie National Forest http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/mbs/home is part of the shutdown, but you should be able to check on the website to see if they are "back up and running" (hopefully soon). When up, they update the trail conditions so you can see what trails are in good shape that day (which can change quickly that time of year - so be prepared to adjust according to weather).

The orcas will have completed their migration to Baja by mid-Oct. I think most whale watching tours are over by the time you will be here.

Kayak tours may also be over (that is more a "high-season" activity). Friday Harbor or maybe Orcas (Doe Bay) may still have day trips?

Reply to: October visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted