We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Sailing

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corona, California
reviews: 85
San Juan Sailing

I am posting here in the Bellingham travel forum because tripadvisor sent me an email saying this was the best place to put it. For all you sailors (or would be sailors) out there looking for sailing lessons, coastal cruising, or bareboat charters you should really consider San Juan Sailing. They are based in Squalicum Harbor, Bellingham (next to the Yacht club at Gate 3). I took a one week Learn-n-Cruise with Clint Najera on the 'Chinook' (a Beneteau 37). Fabulous experience and it made me competent to charter 'Wave Dancer' (a Hunter 34) the following week. Absolutely the best way to see the San Juans is by boat. Rick, Danelle, Jeni were all very easy to work with.

2 replies to this topic
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 40
1. Re: San Juan Sailing

Seems to me this would be better placed as a TA Article. It will get lost on the forum very quickly.

I've sailed these waters quite a bit, they can be more challenging than the photos on that website depicts, but that's part of the fun.

I'd argue that it's not the "best way" but certainly it's a fun way. :)

Edited: 12:14 pm, July 15, 2013
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 40
2. Re: San Juan Sailing

I said TA Article; should have said TA Review. I see you have posted such reviews before so know how it's done.

Reply to: San Juan Sailing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bellingham