We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 62
Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

I'm not sure where to ask this but It looks like Bellingham is fairly close to the border. We'll be driving from Surrey into Washington and was going to take Hwy 15. Does anyone know how it takes to go across the border? I'm assuming they will be checking passports, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

surrey is next to the border so most people would either cross at Blaine, Truck Crossing or Lynden. Look on top right uner "trips to Vanc and Victoria' and you will see a list of border crossing and a website with historical border crossing times.

look at the top questions on the Seattle Forum

Edited: 8:11 pm, June 27, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
2. Re: Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

Lineups are commonly a lot longer going from Canada back in tho the US.

A lot depends on what day and what time of day you will be travelling.

It's Highway I-5.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 62
3. Re: Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

I guess I have two choices - the one that Google gave me when I put in the address I'm leaving from in Surrey to the Space Needle tells me to take BC-15 and the truck route through the border which will connect with I-5. The other choice I guess would be to go over to BC-99 and go through the border at the Peace Arch. Which place do you think would take the longest?

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

A lot depends on what day and what time of day you will be travelling.

As you get close to the border on the Canada side there will be a large electronic billboard telling you what the wait times are. The two crossings are only 3 or 4 miles apart.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
5. Re: Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

Hi Ferndalegirl ~

The Douglas/Peace Arch crossing is the busiest in Canada west of the Detroit/Windsor crossing. The Pacific Highway is less busy most of the time.

If you are heading south on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, chances are you will be in with all the Canadian shoppers heading for Bellingham's outlet malls. If you are doing this on a long weekend, traffic southbound can back up at the Peace Arch for up to 3 hours.

If you can wing down Hwy 15/176th St to Pacific Crossing, then I think it would be the most straightforward.

On the following website, hover your mouse over the camera icons to get a street view of the border area. Check them out on the same day as the day you plan to travel to get some kind of idea of what things might be like. No two days are the same however, but it would give you something to go on.

http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/

6. Re: Border Crossing from Hwy 15 from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 30, 2014