We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellingham for 2-3 hours

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spokane, Washington
reviews: 66
Bellingham for 2-3 hours

We are taking our daughter to camp on Sunday (Lake Samish) and are flying in from Spokane. We will have an airport car and hoping to find a good local place for lunch as well as something to do before we drop her off. We visited Whidbey Island and Anacortes in April. Have never driven Chuckanut. My thought was maybe pick up lunch and head to a beach? We will be there around 10-1pm. Any ideas would be helpful.

Friday Harbor...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
reviews: 7
1. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

We used to go to Bellingham pretty often as my mother-in-law lived there etc but haven't been for a few years now. I'm not very up on the restaurants currently there but here on tripadvisor there is some great info and rankings of reviews at tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g58350-Bellingha…

When we went there if we wanted a shorter walk near the water the easiest and best places we found were Lake Padden Park (see map with trails at cob.org/documents/…lake_padden.pdf ) and Boulevard Park and South bay trail (see map with trails at cob.org/documents/…south_bay.pdf )

Edited: 6:33 pm, June 27, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
2. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

I''d spend your time in Old Fairhaven on the souther edge of Bellingham. It's a quaint historic area.

http://www.fairhaven.com/

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

If you want to go out on Chuckanut then I agree spend your time in Fairhaven. There are several restaurants to chose from. Mambos is my favorite, but I've never been there for lunch (dinner is amazing!), JImmy has a new sandwich shop, there is an old double decker bus that serves good fish and chips, Skylarks is another favorite, there is also a branch of Jalepeno's, there is also a branch of On Rice (Thai). Then you could walk it all off by walking down to Boulevard Park. There are also two great bookstores - Village Books and Eclipse.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

Just thought of this.

I don't know your daughter's age, but I think you may like this option:

http://quelfromage.com/gogo.html

This is an amazing cheese shop that does a little box of goodies that is perfect for picking up and taking down to Boulevard or Marine Park. It is just past Fairhaven "proper" toward the school and across from the gas station. Personally, I like Boulevard better than Marine, but the walk to Marine has some funky tidbit trivia imbedded in the sidewalk that is interesting (on the right hand side going toward the water).

Bellingham...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

Boulevard Park is between downtown and Fairhaven. They have a coffee shop there, as well as a new play set for kids.

It's an easy stroll (along and "on" the water) from Boulevard to Fairhaven.

Bellingham...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

La Fiamma Pizza is a great lunch option (with or without kids).

Boise, Idaho
7. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

Hi!

I was born and raised in Bellingham.... Walk around Western Washington University, shop in Fairhaven, visit Larrabee State Park or Hovander Homestead Park. Zuanich Park or Boulevard Park are also wonderful. For restaurants, we always eat at Win's Drive-Inn, Colophon, Skylark's is good, Lighthouse Bistro in the Hotel Bellwether, Giuseppe's Al Porto on the waterfront, or Café Akroteri in downtown Bellingham. We eat pizza at Cascade Pizza off Meridian - La Fiamma Pizza isn't our favorite.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
8. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

Julia....not sure who you are addressing your comments to. The OP came and went weeks ago.

9. Re: Bellingham for 2-3 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 14, 2014