We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant air

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver Island...
reviews: 5
Allegiant air

Does anyone have an opinion on flying Allegiant Air from Bellingham to San Diego?

23 replies to this topic
Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 45
21. Re: Allegiant air

We recently had two delays, a cancellation and another delay traveling from Bellingham to Oakland. We had to get to San Francisco for a cruise. Fortunately I allowed two extra days before the cruise because we almost didn't make it... It took 36 hours to get there when it soukd have been a 2.5 hour flight. Thank goodness I had travel insurance throu my credit card... They promised to get us to Honolulu to meet our cruise if things didn't work out.

Wile Allegiant did treat us well, free food, hotel and a credit for future travel, they are just not equipped to provide additional planes in the event of problems so I will never take them again if I absolutely have to be somewhere on time. Going to Vegas, no problem, I would get my money back through insurance and I can miss out on a Vegas trip.

My real beef, however is trying to get some help from customer service. I have tried both their chat line and their email...neither work. You are forced to call their phone number (not an 800 number) and you are on hold for at least 40 minutes on your dime!!!

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
22. Re: Allegiant air

I'm unclear as to why you posted this here. Allegiant is not a Bellingham owned or operated airline and their customer service is not operated here either.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 71
23. Re: Allegiant air

After reading some of the negative reviews and having already booked a package to Vegas with Allegiant I was concerned. You have to do a lot of the booking and figuring out yourself and you owe it to yourself to make sure you get it right. If you're not good at doing things for yourself and doing your homework you'd best pay more and stick with the regulars. Having completed the trip I found it to be excellent. The hotel was fabulous and the rates were very good. The plane was on time coming and going from Vegas and there were absolutely no complications. Contrary to the complaints about the shuttle it was very good...on-time, friendly driver and dirt cheap...$26 both ways for two people. Yes, they charge extra for everything...so don't pay extra for everything. You don't need priority boarding, or seating or candy and pop. Everyone just swapped seats to get with their friends once we took off and I was the only idiot who bothered with priority boarding. They actually encourage you to bring your own food and drinks...so do it. Yes, it was an old MD80 aircraft but it worked fine. As an aircraft mechanic I have a lot of respect for these old birds ....the lithium batteries don't catch fire for one thing. Again, that's why it's cheap. The staff were all great...friendly, informative. Oh no, the seats don't recline...who cares. The expensive airline coach seats recline just enough to annoy the person behind you. The whole trip was flawless and ridiculously cheap. The Palazzo in Vegas was fantastic. By the way, I've given up on Alaskan because of their terrible service and poor customer attitudes. Maybe I was first time lucky but this is a good airline and a good deal if you do your homework.

Reply to: Allegiant air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted