We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant air

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver Island...
reviews: 5
Allegiant air

Does anyone have an opinion on flying Allegiant Air from Bellingham to San Diego?

22 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
reviews: 261
11. Re: Allegiant air

I would take Alaska as I have had too many issues with Allegiant.

Engine problems, late flights, rude flight crews. I don't fly them anymore.

Vancouver Island...
reviews: 5
12. Re: Allegiant air

Thanks everyone. Allegiant is quite probably not in my future!!

San Diego
reviews: 23
13. Re: Allegiant air

August 13, 2013- I emailed Allegiant and they are not offering San Diego to Bellingham at this time. So it looks like Alaska is the only way to go from San Diego. If anyone else knows of another airline let me know! or how to get from Blaine to downtown Vancouver, BC. Train or Bus?

Bellingham...
reviews: 261
14. Re: Allegiant air

you can take the city bus from Blaine to Bellingham where you then board the Amtrak Cascades to downtown Couver

-or-

walk across the border (with your ID of course) and take bus C 51, it is about a mile walk or a little less, look up the time table to be sure on Translink

translink.ca/

-or-

you can take the bus from the Bham airport to Couver

quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

San Diego
15. Re: Allegiant air

Thanks! will let you all know which one I went for and how the trip was to one of my very favorite cities, Vancouver!

San Diego
16. Re: Allegiant air

Found this out for anyone who does want to take the bus to downtown Vancouver from the Peace Arch at the border:

The border crossing with the closest service will be the Peace Arch crossing, you will have to walk to 8th Ave & King George to catch a bus. You will take the #375 bus to White Rock Centre then transfer to the #351 to Bridgeport Stn, then take the Canada Line train to Yaletown Station.

BC
reviews: 52
17. Re: Allegiant air

I will never, ever fly Allegiant Air again. Ever. Each time something happens and good luck with getting help. Their customer service is so bad, it is a joke. After a 5 and a half hour delay, we contacted their customer service line that the counter person gave us and got nothing. After waiting for 20 minutes, we were told there is nothing they can do and there is no compensation of any sort. When we asked for a manager, she (Jennifer, who would not give us any other identifying id) told us they do not escalate "these type of calls" to managers. While we were stuck, my sister was already in Las Vegas but could not get into our room because my name was on the reservation, booked through Allegiant. She was there for 6 hours waiting and Allegiant Jennifer said she could do nothing - not add her name or call the hotel to help...nothing. Totally useless. They got our money - and plenty of it. It is the worst airline I have ever dealt with. The plane was falling apart - I took pictures because I could not believe it. I was sitting next to the door in an exit row (which I paid a bunch for) and the door look pried open on the bottom corner and my feet were freezing. The window in the same door looked shoved in and the stewardess kept pushing on it like she was trying to push it back into the frame when she was standing there. Scary. We had issues before with them on several other flights. I did not have a choice with this trip, as it was a group of 10 for a birthday party (in which we missed a show and reservations as well as a day in Vegas) or we would have flown a different airline. Also keep in mind they seats are tiny so if you have average to long legs, you will not fit in the seat and if you are a bit larger than normal, you will not fit in the seat well. Another tip: the seats don't recline at all...none of them no matter how long the flight. There is no room for it. Take your chances with Allegiant - you have been warned! Buyer beware.

18. Re: Allegiant air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 01, 2013

19. Re: Allegiant air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 01, 2013
Edited: 12:35 am, December 01, 2013

Vancouver,BC
reviews: 30
20. Re: Allegiant air

I've been a life-long, intrepid traveler in North and South America and Europe and have travelled on many no-frills airlines so I know what to expect in terms of crowded seating and lack of freebies. However, as countless others have attested, Allegiant Airline is the worst because of their shoddy customer service both during and after travel. Although it's possible to save some money with this airline, if you are affected by one of their frequent, lengthy delays then you will be stuck in the grungiest of secondary airports in the US for hours where you will pay $12.00 for a hamburger while listening to other stranded Allegiant customers vent about missed connections, missed shows, missed funerals, missed weddings, upset children, inconvenienced family at the destination etc., etc.etc. Unless you travel at off-season, mid-week times then the cost savings is minimal. This truly is the worst airline in North America and it makes RyanAir, Easy Jet, Spirit and Jet Blue look like Cathay Pacific in comparison. Avoid Allegiant Airlines at all costs.

Our flight from Oakland CA to Bellingham WA was delayed 5 hours - no explanation or apology was offered. The ground crew were too inexperienced and timid to criticize. They didn't seem to be in the loop any more than we hapless passengers were. The flight crew were either defensive, cynical or embarassed to be working for this company.There were no weather problems at either end of the flight. An earlier leg of our trip (Bellingham to Vegas) was delayed for 2.5 hours - again no explanation or apology but it was raining heavily on arrival in Vegas so we assume that was the reason. I sent an email to their customer service and got a very quick, personalized but unapologetic response from "Sara S." telling me to abandon all hope of a detailed explanation, apology or any compensation whatsoever. The only recourse offered is to call a long distance number at my own expense. However if you go to this travelers' advice link http://elliott.org/contacts/allegiant-air/ you will find a great deal of helpful advice as well as the names and contact email addresses of the customer service VP and other senior administration at Allegiant Airlines. It's worth it to email them for personal satisfaction but too early for me to report any success.

Reply to: Allegiant air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bellingham