We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant air

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver Island...
reviews: 5
Allegiant air

Does anyone have an opinion on flying Allegiant Air from Bellingham to San Diego?

22 replies to this topic
western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
1. Re: Allegiant air

Lots of people fly Allegiant regularly. The trick is to log in when they open new dates so you can get rock bottom prices.

2. Re: Allegiant air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, April 28, 2013
Edited: 6:32 am, April 28, 2013

3. Re: Allegiant air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, April 28, 2013

Bellingham, WA
reviews: 59
4. Re: Allegiant air

Problem with Allegiant is that if anything goes wrong mechanically with your plane there are not any alternatives. With Alaska/Horizon, there will be other flights that day. Also when you compare prices be aware of all those extra charges on Allegiant (e.g. to reserve a seat, for a soda, etc.). Alaska does charge for checked bags but nothing else.

western WA
Destination Expert
5. Re: Allegiant air

Still, I know people that fly them routinely to Vegas and Palm Springs.

vancouver
reviews: 28
6. Re: Allegiant air

I have flown on Allegiant many times and have now just about given up on them.It's bad enough to have to pay extra for their"Convenience Fee" (exactly whoose convenience??),but now that they are charging for a carry-on bag that's the last straw.

Effectively Alaska Airlines match their rates out of Bellingham and I don't find changing planes in Seattle to be a problem.I book my seat with no charge at Alaska and I won't get stranded if there is a problem with the plane.

I find their Customer Care department to be the best in the industry and with their mileage plan I just find them to be vastly superior to the "tough luck" attitude at Allegiant.

I am flying with Allegiant to Phoenix in July due to a rock bottom fare but as I am going up to the Carefree area the Mesa Gateway airport that they fly into is not as convenient as SkyHarbor.

In my humble opinion there would need to be a very large price difference for you to choose them!

Tacoma, Washington
reviews: 60
7. Re: Allegiant air

Wife and I flew Allegiant Air for the first time April 25 to April 30 from Bellingham to Las Vegas because mother-in-law lives near Bellingham and watched the kids. NEVER AGAIN will we fly Allegiant. It's definitely the Greyhound Airline and with all the hidden fees it costs more than Virgin American.

They are the only airline that has a 40lb luggage limit and charges for carry ons, charges to sit by spouse, charges to use a debit card, etc. I understand the airline business is tough and they need to make a profit, but don't trick your way to profit. The bottom line is that Allegiant sucks. Our 757 must have been one of the first built.

Newburgh, Indiana
reviews: 52
8. Re: Allegiant air

The fees are pretty clearly stated, and the debit card payment actually results in a discount, not a higher charge. We are flying them for the first time next week.

western WA
Destination Expert
9. Re: Allegiant air

You'll have to let us know what you think.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
10. Re: Allegiant air

I've flown with them twice and will fly with them a third time this month. We're saving $250 to go with them instead of YVR after all the charges and feel it is worth it for the price difference. I've never had an issue with Allegiant before so I don't know what the fuss is about, the charges are VERY clearly laid out as stated and if you opt for a debit card you get a discount. A soda will cost you $2 or so. Anyway, hope I am not proven wrong the third time but no issue from me so far.... as well before the accusatory remarks come out, I do not have a low standard when travelling. I just would rather put the $250 towards an extra star in my hotel for a week than a few hours on a plane. JMO

Reply to: Allegiant air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted