We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sammamish...
hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

Any recommendations for lodging w/ water view? Will stay 2-3 nights in Bellingham, want to visit daughter @ WWU, see the sights, relax. Might take train or drive from Seattle area. View more vital than luxury. Best restaurant?

Other things to do or see?

Thank you.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
1. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

Denise, welcome... While awaiting replies, select "Bellingham Hotels", left hand column, for lodging list, ratings, etc. Perhaps you'll find something there. WWU, nice school!

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
2. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

I have stayed at the Chrysalis, which has an in-house spa. I'm sure there are other choices, too, but we liked it.

If you're at all inclined as a foodie, you might want to check out Willows Inn. (The Willows? I'm not completely sure).

Bellingham, WA
reviews: 61
3. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

Two water view hotels are Chryssalis and Bellweather but they are both upscale hotels. You can also check the Village Inn in Fairhaven--some of their rooms may look over the water and Fairhaven is a great place to stay with lots of cafes and shops as well as close to WWU. Bus and train stations are also located in Fairhaven.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
4. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

We always stayed at the Village Inn in a bayview room when our son was in school up there...wonderful historic area.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
5. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

Just a few things to consider since the visit is Jan/Feb:

You are going to get train sounds at night near the water - no big deal, just something that seems to be a point of complaint in reviews - both Village Inn and Chrystalis would be my choices far over Bellwether.

It gets dark early so if you have in mind a drink in the room overlooking the water you may want to save those hotels for spring. My folks always stayed at BW Lakeway - rooms are a good size, there is a pool and Poppe's in downstairs (a nice little martini bar).

Tell us what kind of food do you like and we can help recommend a restaurant.

Issaquah, Washington
reviews: 17
6. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

I stayed at the Village Inn this summer and had a view of the water. It's a great hotel in a wonderful area. I really enjoyed my stay. It is a small hotel with really great service. Breakfast was included and was excellent.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 54
7. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

If you are going to stay in Fairhaven, you should take your car. Fairhaven is a cute little area...heavy on the little! You can see it all in an hour. You would need a car to explore outside of there.

On top of what has already been recommended, there are some cool old B&B's in Fairhaven you might want to look at.

8. Re: hotel or B&B w/ a water/sound view in Bellingham for Jan/Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 11, 2014