We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
reviews: 71
Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

Our next trip to Bellingham we were thinking of buying jeans for a young guy, 25, who is about 6'2" or 6'3", and at least 300lb., maybe 350, not sure exactly. (Yes, of course he'd go to try in person.) It's very difficult for him to find things here in Vancouver, and he has tried Bellingham Macy's with little success. Any advice?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
1. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

You might try Casual Male XL or Men's Wearhouse , not in Bellingham, but further south in Lynnwood. JC Penney's has a big and Tall department with sizes up to 58/60, and they are located at Bellis Fair in Bellingham, but what they have in stock may be limited.

Nordstrom carries up to size 58+ online, but I wouldn't count on those being in-stock. I would ask to have them shipped to a store. The closest store will be in Lynnwood at Alderwood. For example here is an option in the Lucky Brand, popular with young adults.

…nordstrom.com/S/…

One of my sons is big, too, an ex-football player, and he has had good luck at Men's Wearhouse, finding items in-stock, both with jeans and casual clothes as well as dress clothing. I would recommend looking online version of any of the stores I mentioned and then having them ship to or hold at the physical store so that you have some selection when you get there. Or, maybe you will get lucky - just call to check their inventory and ask them to "hold".

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
2. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

Thank you; that was very helpful. Lynwood is probably too far for a day trip, so we'll try JC Penney first.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
3. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

Good luck. See if you can send items to the Macy's store in Bellingham @ Bellis Fair for pick-up. They have good Big & Tall selection online, plus always something on sale.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

I would say Yeager's will have what you need - they have a large selection of jeans and workwear in many sizes. It isn't far from the mall and well worth a stop.

http://yeagerssportinggoods.com/

While there check out the toy store section downstairs - IMO it is the coolest selection in town.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
5. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

Thanks -- if we can't find anything at the mall, we'll try, although highly reluctant to go into that kind of a store. Always good to have more options, though.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
6. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

Why "... highly reluctant to go into that kind of a store."? Curious...

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 5
7. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

I thought the same thing about the OP's reply. Why?

Maybe they love sporting goods and will want to buy everything in the store!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
8. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

The website suggests it's a gun store, not our kind of thing at all. (for me, "sporting goods" means Underarmor, weightlifting gloves, running shoes, skiis...) But we'll check it out if there's nothing at Bellis Fair.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
9. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

It's an old school sporting goods store that has fishing rods, clothes to wear while outdoors, and also guns. It isn't a gun shop. Their clientele includes a lot of big people, which is why it is a good place to look.

I grew up going to stores like these. They are always full of interesting doodads and generally have very helpful employees.

Washington - the...
10. Re: Where to buy jeans for "big guy"?

I understand - I'm just so used to going there (was there this weekend) that I didn't realize how the store comes across on the website. They do have a gun section - it is along the left wall, behind a well staffed counter. You only really only even see them if you walk right over to the counter.

The middle of the main floor has camping / fishing / hunting gear.

Nearly a third to a half of the first floor is the workwear section. This section has the best selection of brands and sizes of workwear and jeans in town.

ainwa is correct about the clientele - loggers, farmers, factory and refinery workers get their workwear/jeans there and we "grow 'em big" around here. Also, the staff is terrific. This is the place where nearly all my male friends and all of my big and/or tall friends get their jeans which is why I suggested it. Fred Meyers would be my second suggestion, Workgear (or some name like that) is near the mall on the right off Meridian - that would be my third suggestion (but if Yeager's doesn't have it then Workgear wouldn't either). The mall would quite honestly be the last place in town I would look for jeans (of any size).