We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chrysalis Inn

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
reviews: 26
Chrysalis Inn

Are there balcony rooms at this hotel? Are there some rooms that have better views than other rooms? Is there enough to do in the area to stay more than one night? We like scenic landscape short hikes for photography. About how long is the drive to Mt. Baker from this hotel?

Bellingham, WA
reviews: 61
1. Re: Chrysalis Inn

I've only visited the Inn once. The bay side of the hotel does provide views of the bay and the lounge overlooks the same. Be aware that the railway tracks run between the hotel and the bay but there are not a lot of trains going through. My sister-in-law and husband stayed here in August and only heard one train during the night. They thought their room was very comfortable. I don't recall seeing balconies but I would contact hotel to ask.

Mount Baker would be about a 50 mile drive(about an hour and a half) from the hotel which is located on the edge of the historic Fairhaven district. You did not mention what month you are coming. Artist Point at Mt. Baker is currently open and provides excellent views but once the snow starts that area will close and be closed usually until the beginning of July. There is a lower parking area that will not close until a little later.

Fairhaven has wonderful small shops and a variety of restaurants. There is a walking trail that runs along the bay from downtown past the hotel and into Fairhaven. There are also many hiking trails within Whatcom County from short and gentle to very athletic. There is a small book you can buy called Hiking Whatcom County that provides lots of ideas.

memphis, tn
reviews: 26
2. Re: Chrysalis Inn

Mid October. Will we probably still be able to drive to Artist Pointe around that time?

Bellingham, WA
3. Re: Chrysalis Inn

According to Washington DOT usually the first significant snowfall is late Sept. or early Oct. but of course weather is never that predictable. So far we've been having a protracted dry spell here but temps are beginning to come down to usual fall level.

Here is the Mount Baker info website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/mbs/home. It will give updates on trails, roads, etc.

Bellingham, WA
4. Re: Chrysalis Inn

10-day forecast for Mt. Baker shows no signs of snow-- that takes you thru Oct. 8th so it might hold out for you.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
5. Re: Chrysalis Inn

I've stayed there. We had a balcony, by my recollection. There is also a nice sitting area on that side of the hotel on the ground level. It was a very nice place. The restaurant in the hotel was good, too. I believe we got dinner and spa services in a package.

I think staying there two nights would be fine if you have a car and go out and about during the day.

6. Re: Chrysalis Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 14, 2013