We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4 day trip from Seattle

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 39
3-4 day trip from Seattle

A co-worker recommended Bellingham as a great place to go with my dad. Pretty & moderate hikes, whale watch boat tours, veggie friendly restaurants, etc. Please share any input on: what there is to do inside (very rainy in early summer), interesting B&Bs, and vegetarian restaurants. Oh, and I just found Lummi Island in a search -- is that a fun day trip from Bellingham?

If it helps, my dad likes history, cars, science, antique stores...

Thanks!

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
11. Re: 3-4 day trip from Seattle

The fireworks display is decent - it is out in the bay. There are several vantage points to see it - on top of the Herald builing for example.

Chuckanut Brewery is hosting a viewing - but you would pretty much have to stand in the parking lot to see the display - the food there is excellent as is the award winning beer.

(also, notice locals don't answer the parking questions - those irritate the bezeebers out of me)

If you have time on the way to Vancouver - have a stop in White Rock for lunch - we run up there for dinner in the summer often.

Seattle, Washington
12. Re: 3-4 day trip from Seattle

Thanks again for your help. Here is my trip report: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i30345-Trip_Rep…

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
13. Re: 3-4 day trip from Seattle

Sounds like you had a good time! Glad you enjoyed Eclipse - we spend a long time there every time we go there.

I have to add - you have excellent travel instincts - you found a few places that I should have recommended on your own (La Vie for one).

You Dad probably made the guys at Spark's day!

Seattle, Washington
14. Re: 3-4 day trip from Seattle

We had a great time in Bellingham. It's a fun place to visit in the summer.

Finding La Vie was pure luck. The Sparks museum doesn't open until 11am, so we decided to wander around. I saw the word "bakery" from down the block...and we hadn't eaten breakfast yet...Voilà! ;-)

Seattle, Washington
15. Re: 3-4 day trip from Seattle

Almost forgot Whatcom Falls Park! I just added it to my trip report :-)

16. Re: 3-4 day trip from Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 16, 2013