We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 17
Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

We will be arriving (and departing) in Bellingham on Amtrak for 3 days.

Which hotel would be more centrally located for eating and shopping?

I have read the reviews, and do see that the Best Western is closer to the Amtrak station, but the Comfort Inn has better reviews. We aren't sure if we will be renting a car.

Thank you.

11. Re: Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

We LOVE pretzel bread ... had never had it before we cruised with NCL ... so we will definitely be looking forward to this!!

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
12. Re: Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

Good job on the price!

I found the link for the sculpture garden in case you decide to check it out.

http://westerngallery.wwu.edu/sculpture.shtml

Ask at the front desk for a bus schedule - you may want to walk to the Garden street bus stop and take the bus up the hill. (It is walkable all the way to campus, bus the bus can take you to the far end of campus (the Fairhaven end) and you can take a self guided tour thru campus and take the bus downtown to wander there. The steam sculpture is really interesting when it is on, but it may not be when you tour.

Just to avoid the confusion I had when I first moved here. There are two Fairhavens. One is a part of town (you'll come into that part of town if coming in on Amtrak) and the other is Fairhaven the college within WWU.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
13. Re: Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

I also thought of this - if you are here mid-week, if you are interested, you can call ahead to arrange a tour of the Mount Baker Theatre:

mountbakertheatre.com/about/rich-history

click on the tour tab - don't worry the ghost won't get ya - she prefers to mess with projectionists - they are her favorites.

Edited: 1:50 pm, January 26, 2012
14. Re: Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

Great suggestions ... have copied them to our plans already!

15. Re: Best Western Lakeway or Comfort Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, March 14, 2013