We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants/things to do?

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 8
Best Restaurants/things to do?

My husband and I and our 8 month old baby are coming to visit Bellingham Tues-Thurs. We are considering relocation and are wondering the best restaruants/things to do, etc? Also, if anyone has any advice on the best neighborhoods or any other advice in general it would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best Restaurants/things to do?

Yea! A non airport parking question!

For restaurants - what kind of food do you like? If you like Thai food On Rice is very good (go to the one in Barkley Village that one has the best ambiance and a cool fishtank for the baby to look at). All of our Mexican restaurants are good to great, but everyone here has their opinion of which is the "best".

I can spend hours in Fairhaven - several great restaurants there as well as Village Books and Eclipse books (used books).

What kind of things are you interested in doing? More indoor or outdoor activities?

As for neighborhoods, most are great but ask the realtor / check the police logs of the area you are thinking of. If I remember right, Tripadvisor prefers we don't post feedback on real estate matters.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 12
2. Re: Best Restaurants/things to do?

Bellingham is a lovely city...I really love it in the fall. You can easily spend a day in Fairhaven, great little boutiques and shops. Dirty Dan's is great for dinner.

NW aunt is right we can't advise on relocations but a good realtor can point you in the right direction. One hint...avoid neighborhoods that are crammed with student rentals! Noisy!

reviews: 8
3. Re: Best Restaurants/things to do?

Thanks for your help! We love all types of food. Thai sounds great! Any breakfast, sushi or dessert places you recommend?

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Best Restaurants/things to do?

For breakfast: If I want to go out for breakfast nine-times out of ten I go to Skylarks (Fairhaven). Sehome Dinner is good if you want hash - it is a hole in the wall type of place in Sehome Village. Other good choices in the downtown area are: The Baglery, Little Cheerful and Old Town Cafe. If you just want sugar and coffee - Rocket Donuts is a must stop! (also downtown).

Little Tokyo (Barkley Village) has a sushi Happy Hour 5 - 7 on Wed.

Dirty Dan's has great food, but I don't know if is well equiped for the baby the space is kinda tight and the prices kinda high.

Someone else will have to speak about dessert since I'm hypoglycemic (I have to "front load" my sugar hence the donut knowledge. I've heard that Mt Bakery (downtown) is very good and is now open late. There is a gelato shop in Fairhaven that looks amazing and the small tastes I've had are quite good.

Don't miss Chocolate Necessity (downtown) for something sweet and/or gelato - it is amazing. And they sell little tasting size cups of the gelato. This is a local chocolate factory's store front shop and their chocolate is amazing!

5. Re: Best Restaurants/things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 23, 2012