We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing to Vancouver

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
reviews: 18
Crossing to Vancouver

We'll be going north through the border on a Sunday, between noon and 2pm. I know how busy the Blaine crossing can be. Is the truck crossing, I-5 exit 275, any easier?

How about coming back on a Sunday?

Thanks again.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Crossing to Vancouver

if you read on top right top questions re: border crossing into Vanc there is a link to a historic crossing wait time. Approaching Blaine is a hwy sign stating the wait times. There are several CDn radio stations that tell the wait times. The info is all in the article mentioned.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 46
2. Re: Crossing to Vancouver

There are three crossings that provide easy access to Vancouver, and so its worth doing a bit of research in order to figure out what's going to work best for you.

The Truck Crossing and the Peace Arch crossing are literally 5 minutes apart from one another so using one or the other still puts you in practically the same place on the north side. There are, as mentioned, boards that let you know what the anticipated wait times are for each.

The other one which can be worthwhile when things are busy is the Aldergrove Lyndon crossing at the north end of the Guide Meridian, which goes north from the I-5 at Bellis Fair in Bellingham. That crossing puts you on 264h in Aldergrove, which intersects with highway 1 about 45 minutes east of Vancouver.

Oregon
reviews: 18
3. Re: Crossing to Vancouver

Thanks. I'm familiar with each of these 3 crossings, geographically, having been through all 3 in the distant past. I was asking what kind of traffic I can expect on those particular days and times, based on your experiences.

Also, does the Calforex at the visitors center give a good exchange rate, both ways?

4. Re: Crossing to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 21, 2012