We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries from Bellingham

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Ferries from Bellingham

Hi, I want to visit this area in late May 2012 and am considering a ferry "cruise". I travel on the CHEAP. I want to see whales and otters in particular. Is the ferry to Vancouver island enough? I'll have about a week. All advice appreciated.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
33 reviews
11. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

There is no ferry from Bellingham to Friday Harbor. The Bellingham ferry discussed above goes to Alaska. You can catch a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbor, or a Clipper boat from Seattle.

Friday Harbor...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
915 posts
8 reviews
12. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

There is a passenger only boat in the summer from Bellingham out here to San Juan island. Info on that:

San Juan Cruises

355 Harris Ave., Suite 104

Bellingham

(800) 443-4552

(360) 738-8099

Bellingham to Friday Harbor Travel, San Juan Islands

From their web site "On our San Juan Adventure day cruise from Bellingham, passengers enjoy our narrated tour of the San Juan Islands, whale watching, a 2-hour stop in Friday Harbor, and a home-style lunch"

phx
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
13. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

Thanks Drifting, I was hoping to find a plain ferry, with out the narration.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
14 reviews
14. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

Doesn't exist, archana. If it isn't on the pull down menu, there isn't one.

From Bellingham, take I-5 or the Chuckanut drive down to 26 and head out to Anacortes. Then you can take a ferry to Friday Harbor. If you have no car, check out Bellaire Charters. If you can get to Mt. Vernon I think you can get to Anacortes by bus.

phx
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
15. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

Thanks, I'll look into anacortes.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
502 posts
356 reviews
16. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

ask me anything about the area I live here and know it well

17. Re: Ferries from Bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:47 pm, July 09, 2013