We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Bellingham in June

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lewiston, Maine
Visiting Bellingham in June

I am planning a trip over to visit Portland, Seattle, and then up to Bellingham in June. These are three places I want to visit to see if it is some place I'd like to move. I'm a thirty something looking for a city that has great public transportation as I am a voluntary pedestrian, an excellent recycling program and other environmental initiatives, and a friendly, active community. I heard about Bellingham through Journey of Action and it sounded like a great town. Oh and I'm a vegan so I guess my first question should be are there many veg friendly restaurants in Bellingham and does this down fit what I'm looking for from a locals perspective?

Edited: 9:21 pm, January 08, 2011
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Visiting Bellingham in June

Portland and seattle are very environmental and Seattle is trying very hard to be the Greenest city in America. Very eco friendly. Bham is often mentioned as a great place to 'retire' as its a college town. Finding vegan in the NW is 2nd nature. I can't comment on Bham bus system. seattle and ptld both have free bus zones within downtown but Bellingham is a much smaller city. The train ride up to Bellingham from Seattle is wonderful if you get the chance. Being only 30 miles or so to the border greatly enhances entertainment and other options being so close to both Vanc and Seattle.

Bellingham, WA
2. Re: Visiting Bellingham in June

Bellingham definitely fits your criteria - I'd recommend taking a look at the following websites:

Sustainable Connections - www.sustainableconnections.org

WTA - Local Bus Service - www.ridewta.com

Vegan In Bellingham Blog - www.veganinbellingham.com

My family are all vegetarian and I can say it's definitely easy to eat veggie here. Vegan is a little tougher, but is definitely doable. There are also two community co-ops and a Trader Joes.

3. Re: Visiting Bellingham in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, January 16, 2012