We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
reviews: 60
Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

My daughter and I are are spending two days in Bellingham in August, then headed down to Portland and the Columbia River Gorge via Seaside. We have three days/ 2 nights to get from Bellingham to Seaside (August 20, 21, ending in seaside on the 22nd)- with a car. Suggestions for routes/places to stay? Many thanks!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
11. Re: Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

Seaside to Cannon Beach is only about 10 minutes. I prefer Cannon Beach, hands down. Although most places in CB have 2 night minimum stays in the summer, definitely call around as you can often find a room in a gap between reservations.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
12. Re: Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

Cannon Beach is pretty but the town is a little too fancy for me. I prefer Seaside myself. I actually prefer Newport over either, and am in favor of the recommendation to drive south before heading over to the coast.

I like the drive from Salem to Lincoln City and then down. You can see Depoe Bay, Devil's Punchbowl and Yaquina Head. The road to Lincoln City is a much easier drive than the road at Corvallis -- have driven both many, many times. The road to Alsea is a little better than the road to Newport from Corvallis, but the road to Lincoln City is the best.

If time is at a premium, which it is, don't drive the coast road from Cannon Beach south. It Takes Forever -- a fact I recently relearned.

13. Re: Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2011