We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

border crossing from bellingham

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WOLVEY UK
reviews: 16
border crossing from bellingham

Hi, we are picking up a car at Bellingham airport and driving on to Calgary, can anyone advise me as to the best border crossing into Canada from Bellingham ? Any other info appreciated ! Thanks.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: border crossing from bellingham

There is very good detailed info on the right under FAQ's Trips to Vanc and Victoria. Generally if you heading east towards Calgary you might save some time by crossing at Lynden or Sumas. If your going to Vancouver first, which way you go depends on the traffic report. The info with border wait times are on the article I mentioned.

2. Re: border crossing from bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:28 am, June 13, 2010
WOLVEY UK
3. Re: border crossing from bellingham

Thank you !

Renton, WA
4. Re: border crossing from bellingham

Take the highway 539 exit..the farther east you are, the better.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
reviews: 39
5. Re: border crossing from bellingham

Hi, is there a special reason you are going to Calgary via Canada? Most people go through WA state on I90 then up highway 2 to Sandpoint ID then continue on through Idaho and into Montana on 2 until Browning MT there you go all the way up to Calgary or you can go up 93 from Kalispell and cross the border to highway 3. Calgary has a special relationship with Spokane and many tours from there come here on shopping trips, plus many of us eastern WA people go there for the stampede and other events they have, it's fairly easy to get to.

6. Re: border crossing from bellingham

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
7. Re: border crossing from bellingham

Duh that's not the point it's the route through Canada did you read my whole post.

8. Re: border crossing from bellingham

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
9. Re: border crossing from bellingham

because highway 3 is not the best route to take to Calgary, it's a road some people like to avoid if at all possible and that's why the suggestion to travel through the states. I don't think you've ever been on it.

WOLVEY UK
10. Re: border crossing from bellingham

Don't worry Collie girl - I get your gist! No reason to "go through Canada" just need to get to Calgary on the shortest route possible - will look into the route on yahoo maps. Thanks!