We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ogden Ut
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

I read that the Amtrak is a good option to get to the Bellingham Ferry terminal from the Seattle Airport. How do you find the train at the airport? How far is the arrival station in Bellingham from the Ferry boarding area? How often does it run? We arrive in Seattle at 12:30 pm.

Thanks...this travel connection is driving me crazy..

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
1. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

I haven't taken the Link from the airport itself yet (my closest station is Tukwila), but I understand that you board it at the north end of the arrivals area in front of the terminal....should be lots of signs. Get off at the Pioneer Square station which is right next to King Street Amtrak station. Can't help with the Bellingham end but I understand that the railroad and ferry terminals are fairly close together.

Ogden Ut
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

Thanks. At least thats a beginning. Hope others will respond as well.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

The ferry is about 800 feet from the Amtrak station in Bellingham. You board the light rail out in the north parking lot at Seatac and get off at the pioneer square station which Bob has covered, not sure what more you need to know.

Ogden Ut
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

Thanks Katzgar. There was no amtrak the last time I took this trip,so I am dazzled by the possibility. I hope the schedule is right for us. Thanks

Bellingham, WA
7 posts
5. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

In Bellingham, the Amtrak Station and Alaska Ferry Terminal are right next to each other. If you arrive in Bellingham via Amtrak the day before, the only nearby hotels are the Fairhaven Village Inn and Chrysalis Inn. If you are looking for a cheaper option, several hotels offer complimentary shuttle service, including the Hampton Inn, Best Western Heritage Inn and Best Western Lakeway Inn.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
16,783 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

I think you will find it really easy to do this. Hardest part will be finding the route to Amtrak between the two office bldgs and over the roadway to the elevator down to the station. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

Another option that may work for you is the Airporter Shuttle Bus that runs from SeaTac right to the ferry terminal on days the ferry either arrrives or departs. www.airporter.com will give you more information about the shuttle.

Ogden Ut
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

The Airporter is absolutely my first choice,but I am being told by Airporter personnel that the only bus from Seatac to Bellingham that will be there by 4:00pm is the 1:00pm bus leaving the terminal. I can't get from the concourse to the baggage claim and out to the bus in 30 min. Do you have any stories of taking the next Airporter at 2:00 or 3:00 and still getting to board the Ferry.? Their normal leeway,I'm told is 2 hours ahead of sailing,or 4:00pm.

9. Re: Amtrak to Bellingham from Seatac airpoty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 29, 2010