We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest hotel?

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anahheim Hills, CA
Nicest hotel?

Looking for a really nice hotel with all the luxuries for my husband and I and our 2 grandsons 5 and 10. Also need suggestions for some fun activitiesof any kind, while we are there.

Bellingham, WA
1. Re: Nicest hotel?

There are many great hotels in Bellingham, but I'd say the ones that would best fit what you're looking for would include the Fairhaven Village Inn, the Chrysalis Inn and the Hotel Bellwether.

As far as activities go, there's lots to do in Bellingham and Whatcom County. A great website for local information is the Bellingham/Whatcom Tourism website - at www.bellingham.org

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
2. Re: Nicest hotel?

I recently stayed at the Chrysalis and would say it has "all the luxuries". The restaurant on site was very nice with a great wine selection but also was friendly enough for children. We got a getaway package somewhere, which you might investigate.

All the rooms have big window seats hanging out over the water view, with very nice furniture and bedding. There's a nice spa on site, but I don't think the grandsons will get much out of that (though you might!). There are videos available to borrow at the main desk with a good selection for kids.

Take the kids down to climb the rocks at Larrabee State Park not far south of Fairhaven (south end of Bellingham). I think there is a children's museum, and you can ride a foot ferry out to one of the San Juans. There is a big bike trail right through town in front of the hotel, if you're up for a walk or tandem ride. There are bike shops in downtown Bellingham which rent bikes.

Anahheim Hills, CA
3. Re: Nicest hotel?

That sounds like fun. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with me. I will definitely look into it.

4. Re: Nicest hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 21, 2010