We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Bellingham

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK Bristol
reviews: 10
getting to Bellingham

What is the best way to get to Bellingham port to pick up the ferry. We will fly to Vancouver initially and then make our way to Bellingham for the ferry.

We do not have a car although could hire one.

Does the train/bus terminal meet the ferry. It is not clear from what I have read so far.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Eileen

Seattle
reviews: 1
1. Re: getting to Bellingham

The train station is close to the ferry terminal--I'm assuming you're talking about the Alaska State Ferry. At this time there is one train per day from Vancouver to Bellingham in the evening, so you may have to arrive the night before your ferry (not sure what time the ferry leaves).

An additional early morning train from Vancouver is supposed to be added soon but the start date hasn't yet been set officially (but I've heard August 17).

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
2. Re: getting to Bellingham

the train stops right there. Quckshuttle does serve the Bellingham airport from Vancouver but the distance is a little far. You can also try Greyhound for transport to Bham as from downtown to ferry is not very far and taxis are available.

3. Re: getting to Bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, January 10, 2010