We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellingham Weekend

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Bellingham Weekend

Two couples spending late Friday night through Sunday in Bellinghanm, staying at the Fairhavin Village Inn. Any suggestions on things to do for the weekend May 15-17? No water activities as one person isn't into that but sightseeing,shopping/??

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Bellingham Weekend

drive along Chuckanut drive and a trip to Lynden via Hanegan rd is pretty scenic. You'll pass Seattle premium Outlets if your driving up but they have good shopping. Bellis Fair is right there in Bellingham as well, for shopping.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
2. Re: Bellingham Weekend

If, as your name suggests, you lovescenery, then Whidbey Island. Drive Chuckanut south, to route 20; head west, then south.

Whidbey Island (Great day or more getaway that is iconic of the Pacific NW, with key websites.)

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58824-s2/Whidbey-Isl…

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
3. Re: Bellingham Weekend

Larrabee State Park is on the Chuckanut Drive and is worth stopping at to walk out along the rocks. Very pretty.

From Bellingham I believe there is a passenger only ferry to the San Juans? That would be pretty.

Bellis Fair Mall is just a mall so I wouldn't really call it a destination. The old downtown is interesting and funky in a university-town kind of way.

I'd check out the local paper to see where you can catch some live music.

If you're athletic (VERY), Bellingham is noted for mountain biking. You can rent the specialized bikes in town and head up to Galbraith Mountain, a unique mountain biking destination.

Fairhaven is a cute town to walk around in itself.

Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: Bellingham Weekend

There is a tourist steam train at Lake Whatcom and Fairhaven is a really cool historic district.

5. Re: Bellingham Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:04 am, April 30, 2009
Washington - the...
6. Re: Bellingham Weekend

Well, the first Ski to Sea fun run / ride is scheduled for the 17th. It goes from Lake Paddon to Fairhaven -with a party at the Village Green with presumeably a beer garden (I don't think there is any Ski to Sea related activity that doesn't have the "beer garden leg" except maybe the kid's parade). They say there is a free shuttle to Lake Paddon so I'd take advantage of that if the weather is nice.

Since that is going on, if you do want to go do something else be aware that parking will be an issue when you return.

Other than that - Archer's Pub is a nice place for a casual beer and dinner (try the Shepards Pie).

Saturday is the farmers market downtown - tons of good food for lunch, not much produce yet, but several cheese makers that I think are very good. Pickford Cinema is a tiny theatre that has independant films - also downtown.

Check the Mount Baker Theatre schedule - I think they give tours on some Saturdays or if there is an organ concert that would be totaly worth it even if you aren't that into organ music (it is the original organ from 1929 - installed for silent films).

The museum is nice too - also downtown.

Washington - the...
7. Re: Bellingham Weekend

Also, we lost a lot of antique stores in "Old Town" but there are some still there and worth it if you are into that. (Old Town is essentially the part of downtown that is towards the water)

8. Re: Bellingham Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, November 03, 2009