We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria-San Juan Cruises

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gardner, Kansas
reviews: 35
Victoria-San Juan Cruises

My husband and I are planning a trip to Bellingham in June and we're interested in going on one of the cruises for whale watching/exploring out of Bellingham. I found Victoria-San Juan Cruises online (www.whales.com), which offers three cruises -- Victoria, San Juan, and a whale watching cruise. I was wondering if anyone on here has been on one of these cruises, if you liked it, and which you would recommend. My husband likes outdoorsy stuff, and is not so much into shopping. Thanks!

Redmond
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 36
1. Re: Victoria-San Juan Cruises

I don't see that whales.com sails from Bellingham.

Here is a list (it might not be complete) of whale watch tours. The first entries are advertisements and that is so stated; further down the page are nonpaid listings.

gonorthwest.com/Washington/Activities/whales…

I wonder how long you will be here and about your itinerary. Perhaps we can help.

Redmond
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 36
2. Re: Victoria-San Juan Cruises

I found another site for them indicating that you are correct about whales.com, sailing from Bellingham. Strange confusion in their web advertising methods.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 81
3. Re: Victoria-San Juan Cruises

if your going to be in Victoria the prince of whales is a great company right downtown. Were you planning to go to Canada? I've been on on that companies boat to Victoria and its a smaller boat but fine. Its way plusher on the BC Ferries but you'd have to cross the border and leave from Tswassen.

Bellingham...
4. Re: Victoria-San Juan Cruises

Hi Twink-Twink,

The Victoria San Juan Cruise does sail in and out of Bellingham. You can find their info here...

Victoria San Juan

http://www.whales.com/index.php/whales

The Schooner Zodiak and Gato Verde also sail in and out of the port in Fairhaven as well. You may consider one of those, too...

Gato Verde

www.gatoverde.com/PageID/145/default.aspx

Schooner Zodiac

http://www.schoonerzodiac.com/

Washington - the...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Victoria-San Juan Cruises

Hi,

I've done the Victoria one as a day trip and the whale watching one - enjoyed both very much. In my opinion, I'd do the Victoria one, since that one also does whale watching on the way (more on the way back). You are in Victoria for long enough to browse around and check out the museum or have tea at the Empress. I'd feel really rushed if I tried to do the gardens in that amount of time (it takes awhile to get there) - if you really want to do the gardens then I'd do the trip as an overnight.

Which ever one you pick sign up for the dinner - it is simple but good.

Enjoy!

6. Re: Victoria-San Juan Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, November 03, 2009