We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

Currently vacationing on Whidbey Island. Would like to have Thanksgiving Dinner in good restaurant. Nothing on the island seems as if it will be open. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good restaurant in the Bellingham area that will serve Thanksgiving menu?

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

Well I checked with my favorite "fancy" restaurant they will be closed on Thanksgiving. The Harborside Bistro at the Bellwether is having a Thanksgiving menu with a choice of apps. entrees and pie. I haven't eaten there (too stuck on my favorites) but I've heard the food is good but the portions are small. The view, as described, is of the harbor.

I'd give the Hearthfire a call to see if they have a menu. The food and service there is very good. The ambiance is a little more relaxed and the view is very similar.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

The first thing I thought of upon seeing the post was a place we used to eat at many years ago when I was a kid called "The Turkey House". I thought it was near Bellingham but when I search now I find only "O'Brien Turkey House " in Arlington. So about the same distance from Whidbey Is. but still a drive.

Not sure if this is the same place I remember. That place was famous for turkey dinners and it was Thanksgiving every day. Famous for Blackberry pies too. I thought I had read the one I was thinking of was gone and was made into a Denny's then someone bought a burger joint next door to it and re-started the Turkey House as O'Brien's. Not sure if it is good or not but I can't imagine a place like that could be closed on Thanksgiving.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
3. Re: Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanks for the tip. I called O'Brien's Turkey House and they will be open for Thanksgiving. It sounds just like what I am looking for, and I appreciate learning about it.

We spend a great deal of time on Whidbey Island, and are always looking for new places to eat that are not a long distance from the island. This sounds like a place we would enjoy visiting on days other than Thanksgiving.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
4. Re: Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

There are some negative reviews of the place on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. Hopefully someone who lives nearby will post. We used to go to a place like that in New Jersey (Larison's Turkey Farm in Chester) which grew their own turkeys and made everything from scratch. Having the fake stuff (instant potatoes, etc.) does not compare.

Unfortunately, Larison's does not exist anymore, either!

5. Re: Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 13, 2009