We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Food Supplier in Bellingham

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
reviews: 17
British Food Supplier in Bellingham

With the strict border crossing, we are unable to take our annual supply of bangers, scotch pies etc through. We will be spending the afternoon in Bellingham, and ideas for stores selling such? Tx

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 97
1. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

There is an English-style pub in Fairhaven, just to the south of Bellingham called Archer Ale House. I don't know how authentic or good it is, but it usually has quite a crowd.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 757
2. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

Pouilly, are you talking about bringing back British food from B.C.?

Oregon
3. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

Well yes and no. In the past I would bring a cooler and fill it with ice and all the sausages, pies, bridies, white and black puddings etc. that I could fit in. That would keep me going until the next trip, and was great for those nights when I had a Brit food craving!! After 40 years here I still have not Amercanized my tastebuds. Peanut Butter, bologna etc blech. Now of course, customs are very specific about not bringing in meat or meat products, I must be getting old, I used to hide the sausages under my seat, much to my husbands chagrin. (Of course he was more than happy to devour the contraband) So looking for British butchers in Bellingham and/or Seattle. Fairhaven had a market that usee to have Scotch pies, no more, so the quest goes on. I do bring H.P, pickled onions, beets, marmite etc, much less expensive in BC.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
4. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

There is a Europa market on Meridian, I know they used to carry HobNobs (my Scot food craving). You are more likely to find Eastern European foods there - but I think your best bet is there. We don't have any butcher shops except the grocery store ones which don't carry scotch pies - but you might be able to find a decent "bangerish" sausage.

Too bad you don't need an Asian market - we have two excellent ones.

Oregon
5. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

Will get our Bellingham cousins to take us there. Thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 757
6. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

Ah I see. I also read your post under Seattle. Yes, Lady Di's in Lake Oswego does have some meat pies, etc., but not a lot of selection. I don't know where you are in Oregon, but we recently bought bangers at the Market of Choice in Eugene, the main one off Beltline. They were very good. You'd think somebody would open a British goods store somewhere in the state!

Oregon
7. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

Yep I agree, I am in Portland, will try Mkt of Choice, very near my home.

8. Re: British Food Supplier in Bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, September 07, 2009