We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
reviews: 3
Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

Some friends and I are planning a cruise inthe San Juan Islands this June. We were wondering about the best way to travel from Seattle to Belingham. ZWe know we can fly but it is pretty expensive. We would rather ot drive a rental but we could if we could drop it off in Belligham and then hire another for our return trip. Is there a shuttle? Or how much would a taxi cost? Any other options?

Seattle
reviews: 1
1. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

There's train service to Bellingham from Seattle on Amtrak. I just looked on Amtrak.com and it looks like there are two trains a day (I just picked a random day in mid-June though, not sure if the schedule is the same every day).

Utah
2. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

Thak you for such a prompt reply! The train sounds like a fun, unusual alternative that we might enjoy!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 44
3. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

Unsure what your cruise consists of. If a boat ride through and return, you'd probably do better taking a WA state ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. It's the larges city in the islands with easy walking, some nice galleries and restaurants. If you drove, you'd see so much more on that island.

How long will you be here? What else will you be seeing? Answers will help provide more responses.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
4. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

there is a boat from B'ham to San juan island which I've taken. It actually leaves from the train station. You might want to consider Victoriaclipper.com as its leaves from downtown Seattle. If you add the cost of the train you may be better off starting in Seattle. Its a nicer boat from Seattle than from B'ham

Utah
5. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

Thak you for your advice. We are leaving on a StarSail Wine cruise from the Bellingham docks early in the morning. So we need to get from Seattle to Bellingham and then to a hotel in Bellingham the night before. I have looked a alot of the information about the San Juan Islands and and very excited to get there.

Washington - the...
reviews: 14
6. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

The Bellair airporter shuttle can pick you up at the airport and drop you off in Bellingham at the airport or at the Val-U-Inn on Lakeway. Returns the same way. I use them often - decent schedule and you don't have to deal with the I-5 on/off ramps in Bellingham (which are horrible).

Bellingham
reviews: 27
7. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

If you are staying on Bellingham the night before I would recommend either the Fairhaven Inn or the Chrystalis Inn. Both are in the Fairhaven area and close to the Ferry Terminal. Staying in Fairhaven is also a great choice as there are a number of shops and restaurants in the area and it is a great walk about place to visit.

The train may be a great option as the train station is located next to the Ferry terminal in Fairhaven.

If you happen to drive, turn off when you reach Mt. Vernon/Burlington and follow Chuckanut Drive on the water. Beautiful scenery and it will take you right into Fairhaven. Sorry I don't know the exit number but I think it is marked. Have a great time and you are going to love the San Juans!

8. Re: Getting From Seattle to Bellingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, August 31, 2009